F60E600F-C595-42EA-8A19-095EAA62CA0A.jpeg

The train don't run by here no more
Poor poor pitiful me

Native cam, Snapseed, Photos

602AC543-8231-457F-A099-9E9DA02E494E.jpeg

D5F7000A-4753-4E63-AB13-DE30629FD185.jpeg

Fern Grotto Beach
Lightroom, Photos

You might think the beach is misnamed, but there actually is a fern grotto, at the back of the beach, at the bottom of the bluff I'm standing on here. It's quite lush and drippy but so dark it's hard to get a photo with any detail.

Last edited:
Sony Z3c.
Looked up the spec for the Sony Z3c, I was curious. I was going to say wow a phone ahead of its time, 20mp camera in 2014. But then I saw the resolution and my technical knowledge let me down.
Does the size of the sensor determine the resolution? So no matter how many megapixels you have, its not going to boost the resolution? Conversely a bigger sensor with less mp will make a better resolution? Or is it the size of the megapixels??

Looked up the spec for the Sony Z3c, I was curious. I was going to say wow a phone ahead of its time, 20mp camera in 2014. But then I saw the resolution and my technical knowledge let me down.
Does the size of the sensor determine the resolution? So no matter how many megapixels you have, its not going to boost the resolution? Conversely a bigger sensor with less mp will make a better resolution? Or is it the size of the megapixels??
The bigger the megapixel the more information it can record in general. A mobiles need for a small overall sensor size means pixels tend to be smaller and so has difficulty competing with a DSLR that might have far fewer pixels but ones that can pull out more info.
Not sure what the pluses of more megapixels are. Maybe you loose less quality per individual pixel than you gain in overall sensor quality or something.

Edit....so I guess the final resolution depends on:
  1. Mega pixel count
  2. Pixel size(quality)
  3. Sensor size
Perhaps some one has more info....?

Last edited:
The bigger the megapixel the more information it can record in general. A mobiles need for a small overall sensor size means pixels tend to be smaller and so has difficulty competing with a DSLR that might have far fewer pixels but ones that can pull out more info.
Not sure what the pluses of more megapixels are. Maybe you loose less quality per individual pixel than you gain in overall sensor quality or something.
So my phone has 12 stonking big megapixels to your 20 smallish ones? I actually thought all megapixels were like the same size, as usual confusion reigns in photography (at least it does for me).

So my phone has 12 stonking big megapixels to your 20 smallish ones? I actually thought all megapixels were like the same size, as usual confusion reigns in photography (at least it does for me).
I would guess that the post shot computational and algorithmic tweaks each mobile maker can squeeze out affects sensor spec as well and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom