• Mobile photography colour images
  • One image per post please
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE

Judge: WOTANICUS Bill
Theme: STORY:

Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intruigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow! Wow me!

Last edited by a moderator:
My choice of theme for the MobiColour Challenge #251 will be: 'Story'
Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intruigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow! Wow me! :tonguewink:

My choice of theme for the MobiColour Challenge #251 will be: 'Story'
Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intruigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow! Wow me! :tonguewink:
Good theme

The Cold Shoulder!

024410C8-56A9-4D2A-9316-85636CD64FDD.jpeg

All the others were facing forward, but SS was having an off day. :rolleyes:
Hipsta

B35F5B7C-33C9-4EAF-A5FC-2757F342548F.jpeg

And why are these two gray-haired wharf rats poking at a sewing machine? My first thought was sail repair, but the machine doesn't look heavy duty enough for that. (And I swear, that guy in the black shirt looks like he's about to attack the machine using the screwdriver as a chisel and the pliers as a hammer. :eek: )
Apple cam, Photos

Last edited:
I noticed that very few of my images have a narrative.

Sadly agree, I may have to sit this one out. Its an interesting conundrum, I'm sure Ted will do well, wheelchair, cliff.........
I think its a tough one myself. I remember FundyBrian was quite disapointed in the low number of pics that actually told a story on the...let me see...November 2016 mobicolour challenge when the theme was story telling.
Not sure I agreed with his analysis then or now but I do think getting a candid narrative in a picture can be trickier than it might seem.
Might be time to make stuff up...

And talking of making stuff up …

View attachment 169085
My idea is to throw everything at WOTANICUS Bill, and see if anything resonates with him. You better duck Bill!:lol:
So many apps with this one. DistressedFX, Procreate, Enlight, to name but a few.
'With all the will in the world
Diving for dear life
When we could be diving for pearls.'
Shipbuilding - Robert Wyatt

I think its a tough one myself. I remember FundyBrian was quite disapointed in the low number of pics that actually told a story on the...let me see...November 2016 mobicolour challenge when the theme was story telling.
Not sure I agreed with his analysis then or now but I do think getting a candid narrative in a picture can be trickier than it might seem.
Might be time to make stuff up...
MC#42 was a watershed moment. I suggest to WOTANICUS Bill that you go through those pages at your peril!!

Hah and rizole won, is that why you dredged it up!! Nine pages (mostly chat) Brian got grumpy by page 5. GroovyGouvy posted 40 images in one post, lots of amusing twists and turns. Brian got VERY grumpy by the end and I quoted Rod Stewart for some unearthly reason.
Happy days :lol:

MC#42 was a watershed moment. I suggest to WOTANICUS Bill that you go through those pages at your peril!!

Hah and rizole won, is that why you dredged it up!! Nine pages (mostly chat) Brian got grumpy by page 5. GroovyGouvy posted 40 images in one post, lots of amusing twists and turns. Brian got VERY grumpy by the end and I quoted Rod Stewart for some unearthly reason.
Happy days :lol:
I hadn't dug that deeply. 40 images... That thread is the reason you can now only post 3 pics at any one time.

Back
Top Bottom