MobiColour MobiColour Challenge #251 July 19-Aug 1 Theme: Story

'Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intrigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow!'

Just thinking aloud, if the image is static, like rizole's library, or my traffic cone, there really isn't any narrative aspect, apart from maybe the reason for them being there in the first place. So that would mean virtually anything could have a story.

On the other hand maybe if your image includes a 'human' element (or maybe animal) there is more chance of a narrative aspect emerging?
Was that the mannequin one John. I, for one, would be happy to see it here again.:thumbs:
Perhaps I just question images. I don’t think a people factor is necessary, at all. One of the first images that poppped into my mind was rizole Rizole’s sink of dirty dishes. I love that image. Who left them, unwashed? Is someone going to get in trouble? Is the water still hot? Just who’s turn is it to wash, anyway? I don’t think you need an entire narrative, just a question that needs an answer. Your mannequin, I wonder why it’s just been abandoned on the floor, undressed. Did the sales person have to take care of a customer? Is her arm broken or just off? Why didn’t John focus properly? ( :D )

You were the one who quoted Rod Stewart, “Every picture tells a story, don’t it?”, right?

It was yes, but now like then maybe there is no narrative to it. See my comments above.
Just had a quick peek at the Manniquins image - it is a fabulous image and I would say it does have a narrative element, as at first glance, the smoothing of the outlines suggests a dismembered body. Its only after a second look that you can see its a dummy. Theres also a 'Blade Runneresque' feel to the image, which further taps into another narrative vein. I think it may have been overlooked as grumpy Brian was after something completely different with his theme.

Perhaps I just question images. I don’t think a people factor is necessary, at all. One of the first images that poppped into my mind was rizole Rizole’s sink of dirty dishes. I love that image. Who left them, unwashed? Is someone going to get in trouble? Is the water still hot? Just who’s turn is it to wash, anyway? I don’t think you need an entire narrative, just a question that needs an answer. Your mannequin, I wonder why it’s just been abandoned on the floor, undressed. Did the sales person have to take care of a customer? Is her arm broken or just off? Why didn’t John focus properly? ( :D )

You were the one who quoted Rod Stewart, “Every picture tells a story, don’t it?”, right?
Thats precisely it in a nutshell Star!!

ok - speed-read MC#42 and having a good giggle to myself. Certainly was a watershed! The commentary was hilarious. Rizoles Ammonite was indeed a cracker, but I think Jilly's leaf should have been higher in the ratings! Well lets get the elephant out of the room, I'm not that draconian or critical, so have fun with the challenge and dont let the ghost of #42 deter you!
:lmao: Yes, I imagine it would be funny if you didn’t have to live through it!:lol: So traumatised was I that I’m still having counselling.:lmao: But I’m quite inspired by your theme and I know you’ll be kind, even if my images don’t come up to scratch.:D

:lmao: Yes, I imagine it would be funny if you didn’t have to live through it!:lol: So traumatised was I that I’m still having counselling.:lmao: But I’m quite inspired by your theme and I know you’ll be kind, even if my images don’t come up to scratch.:D
Its all coming along nicely so far Jilly, your material included!

'Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intrigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow!'

Just thinking aloud, if the image is static, like rizole's library, or my traffic cone, there really isn't any narrative aspect, apart from maybe the reason for them being there in the first place. So that would mean virtually anything could have a story.

On the other hand maybe if your image includes a 'human' element (or maybe animal) there is more chance of a narrative aspect emerging?

It was yes, but now like then maybe there is no narrative to it. See my comments above.

Just had a quick peek at the Manniquins image - it is a fabulous image and I would say it does have a narrative element, as at first glance, the smoothing of the outlines suggests a dismembered body. Its only after a second look that you can see its a dummy. Theres also a 'Blade Runneresque' feel to the image, which further taps into another narrative vein. I think it may have been overlooked as grumpy Brian was after something completely different with his theme.
I LOVE that we’re having discussions about the MCC theme!!!!! It’s got people thinking and that’s always a good thing. :hearteyes:

I LOVE that we’re having discussions about the MCC theme!!!!! It’s got people thinking and that’s always a good thing. :hearteyes:
ahh - but as Elvis says, "a little less conversation and a little more action!" ha ha get them cameras out folks!

800C9479-BEBF-45BC-AE90-89C32094E457.jpeg
This is probably my favourite photo. My two grandchildren, Olivia’s 4 and Nate is 1 1/2. This capture shows how close these two are, Nate is like Olivia’s shadow, so close yet like cheese and chalk when it comes to character

View attachment 169103This is probably my favourite photo. My two grandchildren, Olivia’s 4 and Nate is 1 1/2. This capture shows how close these two are, Nate is like Olivia’s shadow, so close yet like cheese and chalk when it comes to character
The look on Olivias face as she tells the story and the body language of the little fella speaks volumes. Gorgeous photo.

Back
Top Bottom