MobiColour RESULT: Mobicolour Challenge #308 Theme: Nature Ends 1/22

Approaching hail storm.
IMG_20230114_140115-01.jpeg

Where does it go? To a shore or just out into the water? I really like the image. The whole scene seems exotic to me.
During a big storm like this, an amazing amount of stuff washes up on the shores, including whole trunks of large trees. Since the beach there is clear at the moment, I'd guess the wreckage got pulled out into the bay and came ashore elsewhere.

Where does it go? To a shore or just out into the water? I really like the image. The whole scene seems exotic to me.
Here's another answer to your question, snarfled from today's local newspaper. If you look at my photo, at the row of buildings above and parallel to the wharf, Zelda's restaurant is to the right of the orange building. Follow the link to see how pieces of the wharf ended up inside of Zelda's.

Coastal zones still reeling from storm impacts in Santa Cruz County

Last edited:
Follow the link to see how pieces of the wharf ended up inside of Zelda's.

Coastal zones still reeling from storm impacts in Santa Cruz County
That is crazy!! :openmouth: That storm… wow…. so many homes destroyed and even more that were damaged. Seems like it was kind of a freak storm for the area? Looking forward to seeing what the restaurant creates from that gigantic piece of wood! Kind of amazing that it didn’t completely mess up the inside of the restaurant - it could have smashed in walls, etc.

This challenge is now closed. WildPlace Yvonne whenever you are ready, you can choose the winner!

MCC #309 is
here!

Last edited:
What a difficult choice this was but i've eventually managed to whittle it down...

First place to Jodi Jacosta with Backyard Sunrise, perhaps because i'm a bit tree deficient where I live and I do love being out in the woods but I really loved this, I could almost smell the leaves on a cold misty morning.
0c94aa67-78a1-489d-84a8-396c252235f2-jpeg.188962

In second place I chose Leslie lkbside King Penguins, those grumpy looking penguins in the foreground, many other penguins and the beautiful scenery in the background.

b74f3c17-1cee-4519-97c8-9fe646dcfd8e-jpeg.188902

In third place Ted terse with Nature at Work - living by the sea I often see the power of nature up close and it never ceases to amaze me

63291b41-4743-4f89-a09d-cb18d64b28b4-jpeg.188947

HM to rizole with Dandelion Clock, a beautiful close-up image and also Michael chineezguy with his blades of grass in a log - illustrating perfectly that if you give nature a chance it will take it.

Back
Top Bottom