CLOSED Mobile Digital Art & Creativity - Call for Artists - CLOSED!

Venomator

MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
CALL FOR ARTISTS... :thumbs:

MDAC Summit 2016 has an open call for Mobile Photography and Mobile Art - but you'd better hurry as...

Submission Deadline EXTENDED: Midnight May 31st June 7th, 2016!

CALL for Artists is NOW OPEN!
_3143202.jpg

mDAC Summit 2016 will feature work of more than 100+ fine artists, illustrators and photographers from all over the world with work exclusively created on iPhones, iPads, Androidsand Surface tablets and other mobile devices.

Join us for an interactive evening of live mobile art painting, music and food. Win various door prizes and mingle with several local artists and creators of the popular art application. (Photos from last year Exhibition)

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I do think as many of us should enter as possible - nothing to lose it's free. Would be great to have a couple of Mobitogers with their stuff up there.

So do I Ann. As you say, what have we got to lose? It's easy to upload an image and signing up is easy. GFI is what I say.:thumbs:

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Since it's free to enter, I thought why not? so I entered some of my recent stuff. I never know what the heck to choose, which is why I don't enter many competitions... I just picked some that I liked. <shrugs> :coffee:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1464568654.052822.jpg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Uh oh...... :confused: :oops: :barf: Are the images supposed to ONLY be of a painterly/artistic type?? I thought when I was browsing the previous winners I saw some "straight shot" types. Guess I was confused. (LOL....nothing new)

Looks like most of my entries are not even within the category. Oh well...... :zip: :feet:

EDIT: I added my two "r e b i r t h" images to the mix. http://www.mobitog.com/threads/r-e-b-i-r-t-h.19867/

Ok, DONE. (they're gonna think I'm cray-cray)

Last edited:

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
Uh oh...... :confused: :oops: :barf: Are the images supposed to ONLY be of a painterly/artistic type?? I thought when I was browsing the previous winners I saw some "straight shot" types
You did. Most had been messed about in a painterly way, but there were some straight shots you can see in the thumbnails here

http://www.mdacsummit.org/photoart-winners-2015.html

There's even the hood of an old car. No worries.

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Uh oh...... :confused: :oops: :barf: Are the images supposed to ONLY be of a painterly/artistic type?? I thought when I was browsing the previous winners I saw some "straight shot" types. Guess I was confused. (LOL....nothing new)

Looks like most of my entries are not even within the category. Oh well...... :zip: :feet:

EDIT: I added my two "r e b i r t h" images to the mix. http://www.mobitog.com/threads/r-e-b-i-r-t-h.19867/

Well, the second category is mobile photography, so I'm thinking that's most of us. I would encourage everyone to enter, regardless.:)

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
Well, the second category is mobile photography, so I'm thinking that's most of us. I would encourage everyone to enter, regardless.:)
Just been looking at this and particularly the winners from last year. There seems to be all the familiar names in there, I sometimes think these competitions are more of a popularity contest, but maybe I'm just an old cynic. I do agree though, the more people that enter the better. :cool:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
What? No faeries?:(
They're a bit "old"... I guess it doesn't matter? Couldn't find any list of rules other than mobile images/edits.

I also tend to be a bit self-critical when it comes to contests.... "No one is going to pick these" type of thing. [emoji16]

I'll upload one just for you, Jilly. WTH, it's free.

I wasn't clear up above either - I've been uploading my submissions here partly for comment/critique cuz I'm always so lost when it comes to choosing (altho once uploaded you can't "delete" them) but I would want to hear if someone thought "Good choice" or "I wouldn't have chosen that one and here's why" - it might help for future submissions. And also hoping others will show their submissions, cuz I'm interested to see.... [emoji106]

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
They're a bit "old"... I guess it doesn't matter? Couldn't find any list of rules other than mobile images/edits.

I also tend to be a bit self-critical when it comes to contests.... "No one is going to pick these" type of thing. [emoji16]

emoji106]

:D

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

I wasn't clear up above either - I've been uploading my submissions here partly for comment/critique cuz I'm always so lost when it comes to choosing (altho once uploaded you can't "delete" them) but I would want to hear if someone thought "Good choice" or "I wouldn't have chosen that one and here's why" - it might help for future submissions. And also hoping others will show their submissions, cuz I'm interested to see.... [emoji106]

Enter them all. One man's meat ... etc etc :D

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

That 'rebirth' image is a stunner - it's got the lot: beautifully made, artistic, bit fruit-loopy . . . Gotta be a winner :)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
That 'rebirth' image is a stunner - it's got the lot: beautifully made, artistic, bit fruit-loopy . . . Gotta be a winner :)
:) Thank you. [emoji173]️
I really love when I make the "fruit loopy" category.... :lol: Seriously, that phrase + you always makes me smile.

So, I added a faerie for Jilly, and a peony for me (even tho it's a couple years old [emoji16]) Now I better stop cuz it's getting to the obsessive phase: "Okay well what about this one? And why not this? Well if I put that one in I might as well put this one in." They need to have better parameters with this contest, methinks. :whistle:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1464614963.642316.jpg

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I really love when I make the "fruit loopy" category.... :lol: Seriously, that phrase + you always makes me smile.

So, I added a faerie for Jilly, and a peony for me (even tho it's a couple years old [emoji16]) Now I better stop cuz it's getting to the obsessive phase: "Okay well what about this one? And why not this? Well if I put that one in I might as well put this one in." They need to have better parameters with this contest, methinks. :whistle:

View attachment 77951

Gorgeous. Winners in my book.:thumbs::inlove:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

View attachment 77951
Gorgeous :inlove:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I don't know about you, JillyG , but I think I'll just stand on the sidelines and say *what RoseCat said* and * I knew her before she was famous* (I didn't, but I'm not averse to lying for self-aggrandisement).

I'm practising "She's my best friend". :D

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I don't know about you, JillyG , but I think I'll just stand on the sidelines and say *what RoseCat said* and * I knew her before she was famous* (I didn't, but I'm not averse to lying for self-aggrandisement).

Well, I've just been looking at the MCC winners in the Gallery. What about Mo-Co Morris's welding shots, or zenjenny Jen's beautiful blue ladies or RoseCat Catherine's drowned trees. In fact, I think everybody who's won should enter their winners.

Top Bottom