jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
15th October - Houseplant on Show
One of my houseplants that I have had for several years has finally begun to flower and here it is! Quite bright and distinctive.
543FBB32-0E9A-4821-9E8D-BB29E02F9F4B.jpeg

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sadly, my aunt has had to have Cassie put to sleep as she was emaciated and the vet felt her age was not helping her even if they did any surgery to make her eat. We are all very sad especially my aunt who has lost her husband and now her only other companion.
Oh no! That is so sad. My heart bleeds for your aunt.

jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

16th October - Night Visitor​

I have been putting out food for the hedgehogs and have seen two feeding together, but last night I was able to capture one of them tucking into the food.
DE191437-A2A0-4641-92CA-4B25A7BFAB8F.jpeg

ubbyisis

IOTM Winner - August 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

16th October - Night Visitor​

I have been putting out food for the hedgehogs and have seen two feeding together, but last night I was able to capture one of them tucking into the food.
View attachment 172540
Beautiful portrait :inlove: I haven’t seen a hedgehog for years. Strange. Our partly messy garden is perfect for them. And we’ve had them earlier. PAUSE I now read what I suspected. There are becoming fewer because of traffic and chemicals. On the Swedish Red List of Threatened Species since last year:(

jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

17th October - Ivy and Bee​

The Ivy in the garden is covered in tiny green balls that are the flowers which seems to be attracting the bees, although I do wonder where they get the nectar from on these flowers.
94762650-9BCD-4AB4-8E4C-01821AD39195.jpeg

jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

18th October - English Sedum​

Another Autumn plant that the bees like and also gives a bit of colour whilst other plants are beginning to die off.
89230615-5AA5-4E9D-AED4-AA5F88B1F213.jpeg

jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

19th October - Tree Lichens​

On one of the tree stumps in the stumpery is covered in this lichen.It is called Hypogymnia and is thought to be to ingest nitrogen from the air.
E89330C2-C16D-4B4D-8A72-53DA412AA03D.jpeg

jangray

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jan Gray
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Beautiful portrait :inlove: I haven’t seen a hedgehog for years. Strange. Our partly messy garden is perfect for them. And we’ve had them earlier. PAUSE I now read what I suspected. There are becoming fewer because of traffic and chemicals. On the Swedish Red List of Threatened Species since last year:(
That is one of the reasons I made the stumpery at the top of our front garden and added a hedgehog house to try and encourage them. Do you have a project called hedgehog highways in Sweden. It is very popular here with many people being encouraged to cut a small hole in the adjoining fences or leaving gaps under walls, etc so that the hogs can travel around safely without having to go across too many roads.

ubbyisis

IOTM Winner - August 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That is one of the reasons I made the stumpery at the top of our front garden and added a hedgehog house to try and encourage them. Do you have a project called hedgehog highways in Sweden. It is very popular here with many people being encouraged to cut a small hole in the adjoining fences or leaving gaps under walls, etc so that the hogs can travel around safely without having to go across too many roads.
I don’t know. I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds like a great idea :thumbs::inlove: