Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

10th January Blackbird and Berries Mosaic​

Watched this blackbird and a group of sparrows chomping their way through the holly berries. Sadly the image was my best as it was into the light giving a silhouette effect which I imported into Deep Art Effects app and selecting the mosaic option for this effect.
4BFDB19B-3F10-4F04-9253-28095FD8B9A0.jpeg

10th January Blackbird and Berries Mosaic​

Watched this blackbird and a group of sparrows chomping their way through the holly berries. Sadly the image was my best as it was into the light giving a silhouette effect which I imported into Deep Art Effects app and selecting the mosaic option for this effect.
View attachment 163673
Wow Jan, this is wonderful. And I haven‘t heard of that app!!!!

11th January - ‘A Cold and Frosty Day.
Just looking at this image, I hope it shows the feel of the weather on this day. Very cold and Misty with frost making the ground hard. Walking through this was quite eerie At times.
6C57CC9D-DB3B-48EF-B35A-E66E8C73DF78.jpeg

12th January - Teasel Head
I have left the Teasels growing in the garden for the wild birds. I love the shape and texture of the plants. I took this image using the stage light facility in the portrait option on the iPhone then used the ‘Chi’ and ‘Edgy’ textures in DistressedFX app.
94CAE719-FE34-4F4C-B2C9-7F9B2F67AB49.jpeg

15th January - “I Think I Need a Bath Mum!”​

A very muddy doggy walk today which, although Izzy can be a bit fussy at times, when it comes to mud she loved it! If there’s a puddle or muddy area, she’s straight in there!
754EF9BC-061A-4D66-9514-0455E83BFA8B.jpeg

15th January - “I Think I Need a Bath Mum!”​

A very muddy doggy walk today which, although Izzy can be a bit fussy at times, when it comes to mud she loved it! If there’s a puddle or muddy area, she’s straight in there!
View attachment 163813
So she had great fun in that horrible mud :thumbs: It made me happy too, because now I remember there are worse things than snow on the roads;)

18th January - Spreading Our Wings​

This family of juvenile swans are beginning to literally spread their wings and moving away from mum and dad. We keep seeing them as a group or sometimes back with the parents, although they seem to be trying to get the youngsters to fend for themselves.

05291A90-CEAC-408E-804C-3190081E65A4.jpeg

Last edited:

19th January - Lengthsmens Hut, Grantham Canal​

This hut has been recently renovated by volunteers and apprentices. The hut would have been used by the canal boatmen to shelter when the weather was bad. Inside is a fireplace and for warmth. Taken on an iPhone and converted to black and white.
09AD581B-E7DA-4A4F-A1CA-2F377ADC4B5B.jpeg

20th January - Cactus Flower​

A Christmas Cactus flower which I have converted in Deep Art Effects App to give it a wallpaper texture. I have included the original below.
D55556D0-0D10-4904-9E13-CC3F00E093A5.jpeg

Attachments

• C69C3F1F-AA06-4A6C-A61F-BBBE299DAFBD.jpeg
    C69C3F1F-AA06-4A6C-A61F-BBBE299DAFBD.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 2

21st January -Woolsthorpe by Belvoir, Grantham Canal​

A walk along the canal here today. Water high due to the rains yesterday. Decided to play around with the original in PS Express and the Impresso Pro app to give it a Van Gogh effect. Would like to know what you think of the effects. I’m not sure
147339F1-AA64-46C7-BE3C-7AEB3596165E.jpeg
805290BF-4BAF-401B-8A9F-D2851CB82C55.jpeg

I like it. Most of the Van Gogh effects in various apps are overwhelming, but this one is not. Even the sky, which is usually a problem, works pretty well here.
Impresso Pro is very flexible, allowing changes in stroke style and size. There’s also a Soft Paint layer that allows you to paint details back in. And since it’s a layering program, you can mask and change the opacity of the different layers. Much more subtle and powerful than single-layer apps that imitate a painting style.

Impresso Pro is very flexible, allowing changes in stroke style and size. There’s also a Soft Paint layer that allows you to paint details back in. And since it’s a layering program, you can mask and change the opacity of the different layers. Much more subtle and powerful than single-layer apps that imitate a painting style.
Thanks. I haven’t practised much with the masking, but will give it a try.

22 / 365

22nd January - Sunny Winter’s Day​

Walking along the Grantham Canal again towards Cropwell Bishop took this photo as loved the sun dappled shadows but could not decide whether better in colour or in black and white so have uploaded both for you to decide.
C5A47B7C-5EB8-44E4-8162-435C219C71BC.jpeg

22 / 365

Walking along the Grantham Canal again towards Cropwell Bishop took this photo as loved the sun dappled shadows but could not decide whether better in colour or in black and white so have uploaded both for you to decide.
View attachment 163991
Both are nice, but I prefer the colour version. That doesn’t say much though as I love bright colours, especially in this time of the year when our landscape is bleach and dull most of the time (except for today :) )

22 / 365

View attachment 163991
Tough choice. For me, I think it depends on what I was thinking of doing with it. If I were going to make a single print to hang on my wall, I'd use the b/w. If I were going to make a series of the canal, say, I think I'd use the color version.

23rd January - First Snowdrops​

Had to take a photo of the first snowdrop s in the garden. Taken with the iPhone portrait stage light facility to completely black out the background to highlight the stem and lovely little white bud. Spring is on the way!

DDF1AAB7-00DB-48C2-BADB-8EFDC5FD43D1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom