Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

24th January - Snow at last!​

Had been envying those who have had snow this year and now, finally, we have got some and it looks like it’ll stay for at least 24hrs instead of a couple of hours then disappears. This is my front garden - makes the winter garden look much better with the the white stuff decorating it.
5D309C52-C97A-4DFE-A2CC-43CABADBFE83.jpeg

25th January- A Drop at a Time​

Taken loads of photos today in the snow but liked this for being a bit different. Spotted this piece of snow beginning to thaw off the branch. Took it as a Live Photo then made these images from it.

58A57BF5-CB2A-4FF0-9D15-87B4F2C4CBED.jpeg

26th January- We Love the Snow​

Beautiful winter’s day with the sun glinting down on one of our regular walks with the dogs. Both thoroughly enjoying themselves, although Izzy not too keen on the ice balls that stick to her fur!
AD3C226C-0CF8-4650-9E9F-56FDE705A267.jpeg

Last edited:

27th January - Last Day of the Snow​

Another pic from our snowy weather, this is from Colton Lane bridge looking towards Harby village. I liked the way the snow had attached itself to the bushes on the right and the forlornly looking ducks standing in the frozen canal.

3D9A358A-DA8B-49BD-9296-9EFFC4E04F85.jpeg

29th January - Basking in the Sun​

On our walk today, we passed by a field of llamas making the most of the winter sun today. The one in the front struck a perfect pose as I was about to take the photo.
View attachment 164214
They’re so cute. A farmer quite close to us has a gang of llamas and sometimes we take trip just to say hello to them :inlove: And wow, hard to believe you had tons of snow a few days ago:eek:

They’re so cute. A farmer quite close to us has a gang of llamas and sometimes we take trip just to say hello to them :inlove: And wow, hard to believe you had tons of snow a few days ago:eek:
That’s what I like about the snow in England. We have one dump a year, we all go out and go mad and then it’s gone after a day or so.

That’s what I like about the snow in England. We have one dump a year, we all go out and go mad and then it’s gone after a day or so.
Yes you’re correct. Within 24 hours of it arriving, it had all gone. That’s why we tend to go mad and take lots of photos and people get their sledges out for the one day of the year they can use them before taking residence back in the shed!

30th January - Orchid Flower​

I have several orchids in the house and this is one of my favourites as it’s an unusual colour. I thought I’d play around with it in Snapseed and BeCasso apps to produce this coloured pencil effect.
91AFDDA4-2F2E-44ED-BCEB-246A1E8476AF.jpeg

1st February- Winter’s Walk​

This has been converted into black and white as the colour version did not seem so dramatic but as a B&W images the tree branches really stand out against the shadows in the water. Have added the colour below to compare.
43613A73-4530-4DDB-91AC-545F6FAD69B8.jpeg

Attachments

• 654DB798-462D-46C1-AE78-E3FC9E891E90.jpeg
    654DB798-462D-46C1-AE78-E3FC9E891E90.jpeg
    721.6 KB · Views: 2

1st February- Winter’s Walk​

This has been converted into black and white as the colour version did not seem so dramatic but as a B&W images the tree branches really stand out against the shadows in the water. Have added the colour below to compare.
View attachment 164302
You should put this in the b/w challenge here. The Gray are hot in black and white today!!

4th February - In Need of Repair​

Over the years a lot of the canal has been repaired and renovated by the Grantham Canal Society but this lock is still waiting. I think it looks worse with the muddied water from the heavy rains.
ECB781E1-4E4B-492C-A2E1-5900C8871A30.jpeg

5th February - Yellow Lichen​

This is probably going to become a running theme this year. I have always been interested in lichen and fungi but have just read a book on how these organisms have developed and live and thrive alongside other plants. This lichen’s full name is ‘ Xanthoria parietina’ and acts like a parasite on trees and bushes. At a distance, it looks like a yellow blob but close up you can see the textures and colours as well as the orange flower heads.
10CD8A33-B5A4-40CC-ADF0-D669DE66D0A6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom