Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

25th February - Yellow Cup Crocus​

Taken from above to show the cup shape and the beautiful stamens inside .
41A657B3-C9F1-494B-99BA-993C8545A691.jpeg

27th February - Miniature Blue Iris​

I have a small clump of these appear every year in the garden, but sadly don’t last long. I love the near perfect blue colour and their yellow tongues poking out to encourage pollinators.
0D4846E3-B171-4CAF-A557-CE4DDD9E26E6.jpeg

5th March - I’m Watching You​

Walking along the canal towpath we spotted this lone swan peaking through the reeds to watch us as we walked by. Didn’t take its’ eyes off us at all. I think it was hoping for some food.
4090FB8B-FAA6-443C-9315-B81E4EFFA6FE.jpeg

7th March - Scarlet Elf Cup​

Found this very colourful fungi on a rotting birch bark. The top photo shows the size of it - a small orange blob but in close-up you can see that it is a complex set of individual pieces. Taken with the iPhone 2.5 zoom.
9D0CC028-C280-4D7A-8AFF-7549F103C1D7.jpeg

10th March - Sunflower Seed Thief​

We have several grey squirrels visiting the bird feeders but one of them never touches the peanuts but always goes for the sunflower seeds and to get them requires some incredible agile moves, often hanging off the tree by his tail. The picture isn’t the best as I had to take it through the window.

3A4542BA-7F8C-4F28-80EE-16867188481F.jpeg

We have several grey squirrels visiting the bird feeders but one of them never touches the peanuts but always goes for the sunflower seeds and to get them requires some incredible agile moves, often hanging off the tree by his tail. The picture isn’t the best as I had to take it through the window.

View attachment 165503
I'm amazed you managed to capture this moment :eek: :thumbs::inlove:

View attachment 165503
Wow... definitely a national geographic cover... did you use a set shutter speed?

View attachment 165503
Wow - through a window and with an iphone!

11th March - White Toothed Tree Mushroom​

Found on a dead birch tree in a local wood. Stood out because it was so white amongst the green barks.
Wow... definitely a national geographic cover... did you use a set shutter speed?
Sadly, no. Just had to get it before it moved again!

Back
Top Bottom