Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

17th April - How far are we going today?
Today’s canal walk at Woolsthorpe was not as long as we planned due to the dog’s lack of enthusiasm to walking more than a couple of miles before stopping and refusing to budge! Still, at least the reflections on the water were interesting.
100F9C6D-2FAF-4015-BB7F-838EFAB58F2A.jpeg

18th April - Middle Lock, Woolsthorpe, Grantham Canal​

Repeating yesterday’s walk and finishing this time, we passed the new lock that had just been completed by the Canal Society which has taken 2 years — from draining, rebuilding the walls and then replacing the lock gates. A feat of engineering with modern equipment but to think this was done originally by the navvies without diggers except for shovels and picks beggars belief.
EF6E4BD0-F95C-4571-8357-98DB0534073B.jpeg

19th April - Sleeping Beauty​

Across from the towpath, we spotted this lovely swan fast asleep on her nest. Not the best of images, but I just liked the way the position she was in. Her mate was at close at hand keeping an eye on her and us as walked by.
6388D3C8-7FBA-4322-8A07-F7FE0B51B482.jpeg

21st April - First Ducklings​

Spotted these today, the first of the season. The mother had 12 tiny fluff balls following her. Seen this every year, but still brings a smile to me. The wonders of nature.
3D4CA379-3AF6-488B-8431-2CAD4C39849B.jpeg

18th April - Middle Lock, Woolsthorpe, Grantham Canal​

Repeating yesterday’s walk and finishing this time, we passed the new lock that had just been completed by the Canal Society which has taken 2 years — from draining, rebuilding the walls and then replacing the lock gates. A feat of engineering with modern equipment but to think this was done originally by the navvies without diggers except for shovels and picks beggars belief.
View attachment 166662
We’ve had quite a bit of work done on the locks near us although it’s been a long time since I‘ve seen a boat on the our stretch of the canal.

23rd April - Christmas Cactus?​

One of my Christmas Cactus never flowers at the right time. This year it decided to flower this month. It has very vibrant pink flowers which contrast well with the dark red edges to the leaves which have hairs on the end that are very sharp. Maybe one day it will flower for Christmas!
0A95E1D6-4C1E-454E-8773-A97C0580A50E.jpeg

25th April - Flowering Redcurrant​

The Redcurrant had just started to come into flower in the garden which is when it looks its’ most delicate. Decided to desaturate the plant and background in colour Splash app to highlight the flowers more.
8B5AD709-F8B3-4B11-9939-7969D90A19B8.jpeg

26th April - Alder Seeds​

Spotted these in the woods today. These are usually green with tiny red marks on them when ripe, but these have overwintered on the tree and have become hard and the shell is a glorious mahogany colour. Taken on the iPhone using 2-5x zoom.
2278061E-2EFC-431D-B379-E7A5BD52A4B4.jpeg

27th April - Azalea​

I have been trying to grow this for some time and it is finally begun to grow and bud! It’s only taken over a year! I thought I might keep a record of how it progresses. Edited in Snapseed.
6EB680A3-A325-462D-83E7-5439EAFD6E58.jpeg

27th April - Azalea​

I have been trying to grow this for some time and it is finally begun to grow and bud! It’s only taken over a year! I thought I might keep a record of how it progresses. Edited in Snapseed.
View attachment 166712
We've struggled to grow azaleas, which is maddening because our neighbor across the street has one that's 7 or 8 feet tall and a rhododendron that's even bigger. (And their lilac bush blooms weeks before ours, too.)

We've struggled to grow azaleas, which is maddening because our neighbor across the street has one that's 7 or 8 feet tall and a rhododendron that's even bigger. (And their lilac bush blooms weeks before ours, too.)
I agree. This is my third attempt at growing them. I do love the flowers but they are not the easies.

29th April - Black Knight Tulips​

Another group of tulips I planted. Called Black Knight. I really like these as they are small and are a beautiful black/purple colour with a slight scent. Edited in Snapseed.
58D64688-0203-4A83-B713-62EEEFE410C9.jpeg

1st May -Pulmonaria​

Also know as Lungwort. A small flower that has both pink and blue on the same stem with the leaves covered in small white spots. Its’ name derives from the use of the leaves and flowers to treat lung and kidney conditions.
8F21DD07-BCFC-4C2A-981A-24DB6BC7045C.jpeg

3rd May - Tulip Close-up
The beauty of the tulips when they go over is you can do good close-up work. I was trying to emphasise the pollen particles on the inside of the petals. The image was edited in PS Express.
16FF74E2-8FA1-4FD6-9EC8-C28E44A7E60C.jpeg

5th May - More Abstracts​

I have been downloading many apps over the years but never really worked through many of them so I am now spending some time going through them! The main image is just edited in Snapseed but the other two are from Filter Factory and Deep Art Effects.
DAB9C1DC-1194-4C89-8C1F-D497B5E972C2.jpeg

5th May - More Abstracts​

I have been downloading many apps over the years but never really worked through many of them so I am now spending some time going through them! The main image is just edited in Snapseed but the other two are from Filter Factory and Deep Art Effects.
View attachment 166846
Beautiful edits all of them. If I would have to choose I would have chosen the dark one down in the left corner. But that's probably a consequence of me being in "dark mood" on this grey and dark day. With sunshine and warmth perhaps I'd preferred the bubbles version :)

Back
Top Bottom