Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

24th May - Pacific Coast Narcissus​

This is a late flowering dwarf Narcissus. Just been watching the garden bed where I planted them and the bees are hovering round them all the time. I love the shape and delicate lemon petals.
681DA608-C857-4C02-BE6F-FFF540DC6A22.jpeg

25th May - Cup and Saucer Narcissus​

These are a dwarf variety with multi flowers on one stem that I have grown for the first time. If it had been a sunnier day, the cups face upwards more. These are late flowering, partly because I planted them late but also I think they prefer a warmer temperature.
D28F0BF0-0939-4032-B010-6EAE72703799.jpeg

27th May - Fern Unfurling​

I have been moving and changing my woodland area of the garden to create a stumpery. This has meant moving some of my ferns and one of them had just begun to unfurl which produces this wonderful shape. Taken with the 2x+ facility on iPhone.
B631B63E-4CAD-4003-B34A-B7D957F3D95E.jpeg

28th May - Hooray! It’s Sunny​

The first day we put the cushions out on the garden furniture now the sun has appeared, but sadly we didn’t get to use them as the dogs decided they were put out for them!
E19C55C0-D46C-4F72-83E7-C4E90980D058.jpeg

29th May - Morning Dew​

This morning the air was quite damp despite the warmth yesterday and the Alchemilla Mollis or Lady’s Mantle were covered in a heavy dew looking like tiny jewels. Image processed in Snapseed and then recoloured in ColourBlast App.
FFCB069B-9667-4007-A2A9-963FDD8145AA.jpeg

30th May - Cherries are coming​

The first of the fruit have begun to appear, our cherries. The only plus to having such a lot of rain has meant the fruit have. Begun to swell and look like it could bee a bumper harvest as long as we can pick them before the birds spot them!

8D9E99FF-51B3-4182-9A71-2A2A354ADAC5.jpeg

1st June - New Toy for Me​

It’s my birthday and. Hubby gave me a new gadget. The new Canon zoom power shot. An incredible piece of kit that despite the size can zoom from 100 to 400 to 800 and produce beautiful images. These are some of the first I took.
6FA22D1E-11F1-447E-97A9-43B2552231E0.jpeg

It’s my birthday and. Hubby gave me a new gadget. The new Canon zoom power shot. An incredible piece of kit that despite the size can zoom from 100 to 400 to 800 and produce beautiful images. These are some of the first I took.
View attachment 167645
Wow, that’s amazing. How does it work? With the iPhone?

View attachment 167645
Like JillyG i wouldn’t mind knowing how it works. At first I thought it was a hair dryer... oh and happy birthday

Wow, that’s amazing. How does it work? With the iPhone?
Can be worked from the iphone through an app. Very light and small so can be kept in pocket. Considering the zoom quality and size of a 400 and 800 lens it is quite astonishing. Saw it first on a post by Chris Packham and investigated further.

4th June - Cow Parsley​

Another wildflower that is very prevalent in the woodlands and hedgerows. The beautiful umbellifer flower heads are a valuable source of nectar for pollinators. Taken on the iPhone and edited in Snapseed.
CAAA27D7-9DCC-467E-A8F1-4CCB56AE8315.jpeg

5th June - Posing for the Camera​

One of the many Wood Pigeons that frequent our garden decided to pose on the water bowl for me. Although not one of my favourite garden birds, their markings and colours are lovely. Edited in Snapseed.

FC17FED1-DD94-43F8-85EB-BEA063CA2A4C.jpeg

6th June - Broad Beans​

When we look for images for flowers, we don’t think too much about the flowers from the vegetables, but I really love those of the Broad Bean plant with the black eyes in the middle of the white and pink flowers.
8B70D8DB-043E-4B3C-9127-C0A6665A7D69.jpeg

6th June - Broad Beans​

When we look for images for flowers, we don’t think too much about the flowers from the vegetables, but I really love those of the Broad Bean plant with the black eyes in the middle of the white and pink flowers.
View attachment 167761
We’ve got fields and fields of broad bean plants that are in flower. I presume they’ll be used for cattle feed.

7th June - No Mow May​

Last year I planted some wildflower seeds at the end of the summer and with no mow May this is the result. Quite pleased with the first year’s results.
View attachment 167781
Lovely Jan. We threw Yellow Rattle seeds about the place with gay abandon, without much hope of them germinating because we’d tried loads of time before in other places. But the soil is so marvellous here that we’ve got lots of Yellow Rattle plants flowering. You do have a lovely garden.

We’ve got fields and fields of broad bean plants that are in flower. I presume they’ll be used for cattle feed.
Lovely Jan. We threw Yellow Rattle seeds about the place with gay abandon, without much hope of them germinating because we’d tried loads of time before in other places. But the soil is so marvellous here that we’ve got lots of Yellow Rattle plants flowering. You do have a lovely garden.
Yes you’re right about the Broad Beans. I read in the countryfile magazine that farmers have been recommended to do this in fields where they had rapeseed that has failed as the broad beans help to improve the nit in the soil for further crops.

Back
Top Bottom