Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

8th June - Proud Mum​

Taken today in our village part of the Grantham Canal. I have been watching for a while waiting for the cygnets to hatch as the mum has been on the nest for some time now. On our walk today, managed to grab this shot. Definitely a ‘cute’ shot.
472A9B90-102F-4F8E-BF50-665575F29A57.jpeg

9th June - A Sea of White​

The woods where we walk the dogs is at its’ most magnificent now. The beautiful Cow Parsley is just providing a sea of white under the canopy of the tall trees. The heady perfume of the flowers and the sounds of the birds singing make it a magical place at this time of year.
AE0E1E37-9573-4E87-B123-FF3D2E9EC972.jpeg

10th June - Purple Aliums​

One of my favourite plants with their statuesque heads rising above the other plants. The only disappointment for me is they don’t last long in flower, but the seed heads are still very impressive. The bees and hover flies love them.
26E7C3C9-B6F9-47A2-B7E8-F69A89AC3E21.jpeg

11th June - Spiderlings.​

Not the best photo but spotted these on my husband’s car on the back door window edge, these tiny yellow and black spiders still within the fine web around them. They are the young of the Garden Orb spider. This was only a small group of them. Must have been over a hundred in all. Not sure why the eggs were laid in such a weird place, unless the hot metal helps them hatch and the car has been travelling around as well so that didn’t seem to affect them!
623DF5BE-0502-4C94-96F8-B2C4D0277CD2.jpeg

12th June - Where are the Ladybirds?​

One thing I have tried to do in my garden is to encourage pollinators but, I have noticed a decline in the amount of Ladybirds this year, meaning the aphids are thriving on certain plants. But the Blue Tits have been collecting for their babies.
8B9CDE26-28CC-47AD-9EF5-C4289BE43530.jpeg

12th June - Where are the Ladybirds?​

One thing I have tried to do in my garden is to encourage pollinators but, I have noticed a decline in the amount of Ladybirds this year, meaning the aphids are thriving on certain plants. But the Blue Tits have been collecting for their babies.View attachment 167961
I've seen only one ladybug this far

13th June - Poppies​

I planted these giant poppies a couple of years ago and they are now over 3feet tall. These are called Ladybird poppies as on the inside of the flowers there are large black and dots like the back of the Ladybird.
51E9E8A7-36CE-4C22-B506-E70BBA21CBEB.jpeg

14th June -A Sad Ending​

We were really happy to see a pair of Blackbirds building a nest in the pyracantha bush on the back wall. We set up a trail camera to capture the story as it progressed and last week were able to see the male bird feeding three babies. However, on Sunday got up to find an empty nest and the male Blackbird sitting above the nest looking very forlorn. The day before I had witnessed the female fighting off a Jackdaw from the nest area, so all I can presume is the nest was predated by the Jackdaws. I know it’s nature, but still very sad. (By the way - can you spot the nest? Clue - look to the bottom right of the second picture.
9C9A43DE-FA8C-476F-BEEF-D9B5EE8A81FB.jpeg

15th June - Honeysuckle​

One of my favourite fragrances in the garden particularly in the evening when it becomes quite heady. I also love the subtle colours of the flower and another pollinator favourite.
1187721C-3DD6-4005-AC84-E8EB5FA76A40.jpeg

16th June - White-Tailed Moth Caterpillar​

I spotted this caterpillar whilst out walking today. A beautiful marked creature but until I got home was unaware whether it was a butterfly or moth. It turns out to be a white-tailed moth (see inset), completely different from the caterpillar but very beautiful. The caterpillar is poisonous to any prey.
D10730AD-F9BD-474F-AB66-F68A6EBB7E04.jpeg

13th June - Poppies​

I planted these giant poppies a couple of years ago and they are now over 3feet tall. These are called Ladybird poppies as on the inside of the flowers there are large black and dots like the back of the Ladybird.
View attachment 167978
Oooh, we’ve got some of these with the spots on them. I must have strewn them about in a seed mix we had. Ours are not as tall as yours though.

Oooh, we’ve got some of these with the spots on them. I must have strewn them about in a seed mix we had. Ours are not as tall as yours though.
Mine took a while to establish but are looking great now.

17th June - East Yorkshire Coast​

We are taking a short break in Bridlington and have taken one of our favourite walks today along the coast from Hunamby to Filey, walking along the cliffs then down along the beautiful wide sandy beach which the dogs love. This view is looking over to Filey from Hunamby.
9CE58DEA-4D5A-4FFC-A5EF-6DB182105F08.jpeg

21st June - Vipers Bugloss​

One of my favourite wildflowers. Each little flower looks like a little person floating in the air. Also a great favourite with the bees.
View attachment 168145
I had to Google this to be sure. This plant s called “blåeld” in Swedish. blå = blue and eld = fire. You can find lots of them on our biggest islands Öland and Gotland and also here in our region Uppland. They are very beautiful :)

23rd June - Wild Delphiniums​

Another beautiful blue flower seen in the woodlands area. Th colour really stands out in the shady green area.
11748241-2CF2-4F82-BD28-2F1A6DE7AC99.jpeg

I had to Google this to be sure. This plant s called “blåeld” in Swedish. blå = blue and eld = fire. You can find lots of them on our biggest islands Öland and Gotland and also here in our region Uppland. They are very beautiful :)
Interesting reply. Thanks. I have learnt some Swedish!

25th June - For Mum​

This is one of my favourite roses in the garden. It is a climber called ‘Just Joan’ and is on a pergola which would have been part of her garden around the annexe we had built for her. Her name was Joan Rose so this was very fitting. I am sure she would have pleased with the choice.
95FE8640-C6FC-438D-9DC6-BD2CF8D51EF5.jpeg

25th June - For Mum​

This is one of my favourite roses in the garden. It is a climber called ‘Just Joan’ and is on a pergola which would have been part of her garden around the annexe we had built for her. Her name was Joan Rose so this was very fitting. I am sure she would have pleased with the choice.
View attachment 168206
It’s so beautiful. Does it smell lovely?

25th June - For Mum​

View attachment 168206
Hugs!!

26th June - Monkey Puzzle Tree​

This was taken at Sewerby Hall gardens where there are several large Monkey Puzzle trees. Not one of my favourite trees but I was drawn to this because of the cones hanging off the branch. I never thought these trees had seed cones like these.
A25A745A-5127-4A8B-9E22-6C841A9B174E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom