Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

4th August - Meadow Brown Butterfly​

Another spotting on today’s dog walk. Lots of butterflies are around at the moment and this lovely Meadow Brown decided to sit for long enough to get this photo.
4FF62B93-3AF5-427B-8656-C8BCB474B4A8.jpeg

7th August - Dandelion Clock​

Dandelions are a bit like marmite, either you like or dislike. I think they are beautiful, especially the seed heads that are perfectly uniform. Converted to black and white, I feel make the shoes stand out more.
2A67B1DE-644F-4404-98B0-813E7C69802D.jpeg

7th August - Dandelion Clock​

Dandelions are a bit like marmite, either you like or dislike. I think they are beautiful, especially the seed heads that are perfectly uniform. Converted to black and white, I feel make the shoes stand out more.
View attachment 169773
Yes, I’m a big fan and this is a fantastic example Jan. :notworthy:

9th August - Dragonfly​

Saw this on one of the bulrushes in our pond today. My first thought it was alive, but it is actually the exoskeleton of the dragonfly larvae left after it has hatched into the dragonfly which probably took place earlier in the morning. It is amazing to think that these squeeze out of the larvae and turn into such beautiful creatures.
B60CE0E5-1D83-4A00-AA67-27B4B3EBABE8.jpeg

9th August - Dragonfly​

Saw this on one of the bulrushes in our pond today. My first thought it was alive, but it is actually the exoskeleton of the dragonfly larvae left after it has hatched into the dragonfly which probably took place earlier in the morning. It is amazing to think that these squeeze out of the larvae and turn into such beautiful creatures.
View attachment 169849
Cool!

10th August - Peacock Butterfly​

Flitting around the garden today this lovely butterfly. Managed to take the photo when it came to rest on a fern. Fortunately, it had its’ wings completely out so could capture the beautiful markings.
396A29D9-CD0B-4083-A95F-61962BB99F1A.jpeg

11th August - A Local Landmark​

Our village had a Stilton cheese factory many years ago that burnt to the ground and had become an eyesore on the landscape. Several companies wanted to buy the land and build on it but dropped out along the way. Now, finally this land has been bought and being built in for houses. The only thing left was the famous chimney that had become a landmark as you entered the village until today when it finally was brought down. Although an eyesore, a little sad to see such a landmark go.
601B3C1D-6B72-4877-B82F-9F7707523E01.jpeg

13th August - Riverside View​

We did a walk along the river Soar today in the sun. This is one of the images I took. Decided to do some post production in icPainter app to give it a painted effect. Included the original as a thumbnail.
918EA156-B81E-4CBD-A8F8-701558477267.jpeg

14th August - Having a Drink​

Another image for yesterday’s walk. Whilst watching them for a little while, all the horses came together by the waterside for a drink. They didn’t seemed to be bothered by us watching them, but they did keep a watchful eye on the foal in the middle all the time.
597BD2AE-B018-406C-A971-7BB081F0CCE7.jpeg

18th August - Harvest’s Ready​

The corn fields around us are looking beautiful with their golden colour. Several have been cut so this one wont be around much longer. As I was taking this image 2 rabbits popped out from the field that had obviously been feeding on the dropped seed.
4AC08B76-AE1F-4869-B24E-63E1697EB620.jpeg

20th August - Bridlington - View from Flamborough Head​

Took a lovely walk along the coastline today from our holiday home in Bridlington to Flamborough and back. Perfect walking weather and ended back with 2 very tired doggies!
668FD600-0492-4E7A-BC09-6CDFACD7011D.jpeg

Visitors to a Poppy​

Spotted this lone poppy on the side of a path that was being visited by several Hoverflies vying for the pollen. By the time I took the shot a couple had flown but these 2 remained on the flower, one waiting its’ turn to get to the pollen.
5FABDAFA-1887-4D5A-B320-14A4D8F3E23C.jpeg

22nd August - Thixendale, North Yorkshire​

Took a lovely walk through the Yorkshire Wolds. A beautiful place that doesn’t get the numbers of visitors that the Dales and Moors get. It is full of high hills and deep valleys that were carved out during the ice age. The weather as you can see was quite stormy, but fortunately, we were able to finish the walk before the heavens opened.
22DA5B47-384C-4EF5-8A10-6A4043CDB4FD.jpeg

22nd August - Thixendale, North Yorkshire​

Took a lovely walk through the Yorkshire Wolds. A beautiful place that doesn’t get the numbers of visitors that the Dales and Moors get. It is full of high hills and deep valleys that were carved out during the ice age. The weather as you can see was quite stormy, but fortunately, we were able to finish the walk before the heavens opened.
View attachment 170293
Very effective view. Is that the ultrawide lens?

Back
Top Bottom