Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

23rd Fungus - Bracket Fungus​

Situated on a branch high up on the tree, these had appeared after the recent few rainy days. From what I can ascertain these are Bracket Polypore Fungi.
9C5407FC-84E3-4E23-87AD-D9A9BF478972.jpeg

24th August - Flamborough Lighthouses​

During today’s walk we walked from Bridlington towards Flamborough village and across the wheat fields there is a lovely view of the 2 Lighthouses. The one on the left is the original built in the 19th Century from chunks of chalk from the cliffs that is now part of the golf course with the new lighthouse on the right took its place in protecting those at sea.
A6309D8F-5A0B-41E6-AABE-4CFCE116CC95.jpeg

26th August - Vanilla Ice Sunflower​

This was one of many plants that I grew from seeds this year. The packet is seeds had been forgotten and the use by date was 2017, but even so, I managed to get at least a dozen plants from them and this is the result. Not as tall as most sunflowers but a pretty ivory colour with a deep brown almost black centre. The hoverflies have been all over them so there must be some pollen in there.
78E88B15-99F9-4434-A3EA-FCCC8FEE1858.jpeg

30th August - Hidden Pigeon​

We have several Woodpigeon living around the garden, but this one has decided to build her nest in the cherry tree near our lounge window. This is the second time she has nested here, just adding a few new sticks to the nest before using it again. According to the RSPB website, these birds can produce young throughout the year, so, no wonder she is using the same nest again.
11033CAE-BB9E-43C5-9911-50F60B5EBE77.jpeg

3rd September - The Front Garden​

As I’ve been taking photos each month, this is beginning to show we are heading into autumn. The greens are becoming a little lacklustre and some of the leaves are beginning to change colour.
F4A111A7-1175-4C58-9503-8F5F3F21C759.jpeg

4th September - Time for a Rest​

Been on a long walk today around the border between Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire but I think it was little too far for the dogs who just down tooled on the riverside and refused to walk further without a good snack break.
9B722AA6-6D34-49A1-B293-5C40E22392A8.jpeg

8th September - Sweet Peas​

The Sweet Peas have been the best I have grown for many years this year, but sadly, these are the last of them as they are now beginning to go to seed. But, hopefully, I will be able to collect the seeds for next year’s planting!
7333D5CC-9422-4CF0-85DB-90456E19023D.jpeg

8th September - Sweet Peas​

The Sweet Peas have been the best I have grown for many years this year, but sadly, these are the last of them as they are now beginning to go to seed. But, hopefully, I will be able to collect the seeds for next year’s planting!
View attachment 171073
Hope you will get some good seeds for next year. Our sweet peas have been blooming more and for a longer time than usual despite the high temperatures during the summer. We too are planning to capture some seeds :)

10th September - Storm’s on its’ way​

On our morning walk today across the fields at the end of the village, the sky was getting darker and darker, hinting of a storm in the air. We hurried home, but within an hour the sun was out and the storm had disappeared. Typical of the vale we live in. Storms and bad rain tend to travel around and we miss it most times, where Nottingham and Grantham get soaked.
F5E10671-1D13-456F-AE4C-0CB5F455E517.jpeg

11th September - Mum in a Million​

This is the Mother’s Day rose. It has a beautiful colour, texture and perfume. I gave it to my mum just a few months before she passed away sadly. It is very special to me when it flowers.
7B684843-20C4-41FD-870A-FF6FEB5A4D3C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom