Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

12th September - Scarlet Rose​

One of my favourite roses that comes into its’ own at this time of the year. A lovely shape and colour.
16E67788-1B77-41AA-AE42-5DF9F3522561.jpeg

14th September - Home Town​

Today, I traveled to Kent to visit some of my relatives that I haven’t seen for nearly 3 years. It’s strange the way things have changed. The tide was out as I was sitting on the pier, somewhere I spent a lot of time as a child, remembering days collecting Victorian bottles out of the mud! Dad was a tug skipper travelling up and down the Thames hauling barges, one of which you can see in the distance.
355F9397-6DB1-49A9-A83D-18D082A52F02.jpeg

18th September - Thunbergia - Black Eyed Susan​

This is the first time I have grown these, and they took some time to grow but now they are looking beautiful up a totem of canes. Looking closely at each flower, you can see why they are called Black Eyed Susan.
14466C65-2096-4C9B-ADF8-57075ADF047E.jpeg

20th September - Salvia and Geraniums​

I have been growing several types of Salvias this year as I made a conscious decision to support the pollinators in my garden. This one has popped up amongst some pink geraniums that must have seeded itself. The bees are constantly visiting so they must be pleased!
367C76B2-6536-49E7-BD6E-7212581D99E1.jpeg

21st September - Woolsthorpe, Grantham Canal​

We decided to walk the dogs at Woolsthorpe today as weather was better. The family of swans by the lock were all preening and bathing so there were feathers everywhere!

22nd September - I’m Watching You!​

Our walk today was along the canal by the village of Hose where this herd of cows were resting. One took particular interest in us which always unnerves me. I don’t know what it is about cows, but they have a particular way of glaring at you! As the photo was a little lack lustre, tried a bit of post processing in BeCasso app.
956D4612-7501-47F7-9610-98524EE49921.jpeg

24th September - Elderberries​

Decided to go and pick and some elderberries for cooking but this year’s crop is not good at all as you can see from this image. The berries are very small and quite sparse on the branches. Not good for wine or cordial making. I think it was because the late frost this year hit the flowers badly. Such a shame!
173407FE-03C2-4087-8F63-CAC81C5C2663.jpeg

25th September - Aconitum Napellus - Monks Hood​

Spotted this on a new walk today as we decided to do a walk on the headland near Flamborough. This is a beautiful but deadly poisonous common plant that can be poison by touch but, fortunately, not fatal. So take pictures don’t touch!
994122B8-CA44-4EFD-95DF-EC94DFE59099.jpeg

Last edited:

25th September - Aconitum Napellus - Monks Hood​

Spotted this on a new walk today as we decided to do a walk on the headland near Flamborough. This is a beautiful but deadly poisonous common plant that can be poison by touch but, fortunately, not fatal. So take pictures don’t touch!

APOLOGIES!!!!
First of all, many apologies for having to add images in batches. We are experiencing major internet and phone problems in the village, although BT tell us there isn’t. We seem to have broadband for a little while before it stops So whilst we have it, I am trying to catch up!

26th September - Dane’s Dyke, Yorkshire​

One of our favourite walks when we visit Bridlington. Today the sun was shining through the trees giving the dappled effect with beautiful shadows. I took this image from low ground with the fungi in the foreground and the tall trees at the back.
44E08A04-32B0-42A3-A51E-E88760FF5082.jpeg

Last edited:

28th September - Bridlington Viewed from Flamborough Bay​

Our last day in Bridlington for this month so the walk had to include a beach for the dogs. Izzy loved pledging through the seaweed, which left a very strange smell in the car coming home! Needless to say, both had a bath when we got home!
D15ABDCF-567F-4335-A126-161726730B5D.jpeg

APOLOGIES!!!!
First of all, many apologies for having to add images in batches. We are experiencing major internet and phone problems in the village, although BT tell us there isn’t. We seem to have broadband for a little while before it stops So whilst we have it, I am trying to catch up!
Oh, no need to apologise :) You have my sympathy. We have had major troubles in periods over the years and it really messes up everything. I hope you’ll get your internet back fully functioning soon. And why is it those huge companies so often don’t admit that there are problems:alien::confused:

Oh, no need to apologise :) You have my sympathy. We have had major troubles in periods over the years and it really messes up everything. I hope you’ll get your internet back fully functioning soon. And why is it those huge companies so often don’t admit that there are problems:alien::confused:
I quite agree. They claim to have given us superfast broadband but it is slower and worse than the previous version.

Back
Top Bottom