Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

1st October - Yellow Leopard Canna Lily​

Saw this in a neighbour’s garden and in front of some salvias. I love the colour and patterning.
F8A5D8A1-9465-4426-A31B-4E8CEA783C8E.jpeg

2nd October - Concert Time​

Today we attended our first concert in over 2 years in Nottingham. It was postponed twice during the lockdowns so we were really looking forward to it, but, although Steve Hackett and his band were brilliant, just being in a confined space with lots of people I still felt very uncomfortable and not sure when I’ll brave it again.
510456B8-5279-44D9-9E8D-7593A4C5C5C2.jpeg

2nd October - Concert Time​

Today we attended our first concert in over 2 years in Nottingham. It was postponed twice during the lockdowns so we were really looking forward to it, but, although Steve Hackett and his band were brilliant, just being in a confined space with lots of people I still felt very uncomfortable and not sure when I’ll brave it again.
View attachment 172076
I feel the same when we go shopping. It feels even worse now when most people behave as if the virus is history. We too love going to concerts and I recently booked tickets for us three for a concert in March.

4th October - Tearoom Samples​

I was asked to take some images of the new menu at a local charity tearooms. Not as easy as I thought it would be. How to take food photos to make them appealing? These were some of the better images.
B591F45A-3A1E-4460-B6FB-C7D30B02E223.jpeg

6th October - Diplolepis Rosae Gall Wasp​

Spotted this. In the hedgerow by the canal several of these the Diplolepis rosae is a gall wasp which causes a gall known as the rose bedeguar gall, Robin's pincushion, mossy rose gall, or simply moss gall. The gall develops as a chemically induced distortion of an unopened leaf axillary or terminal bud, mostly on field rose or dog rose shrubs
3F8079B3-8759-4DA8-8041-E67814530CAF.jpeg

I was asked to take some images of the new menu at a local charity tearooms. Not as easy as I thought it would be. How to take food photos to make them appealing? These were some of the better images.
View attachment 172128
MsDee would be the one to ask. I believe she has sold food images. (Or maybe I’m mixing her up with someone.) Anyway, they are still fine images and I am glad I didn’t go with. I would have gained 10 lbs!

MsDee would be the one to ask. I believe she has sold food images. (Or maybe I’m mixing her up with someone.) Anyway, they are still fine images and I am glad I didn’t go with. I would have gained 10 lbs!
Not that I recall… I did put some prints on canvas in a “show” once. Didn’t sell.

10th October - A Sad Tale​

This is a photo of my aunts dog. She is called Cassie and was a rescue dog that my aunt and uncle took in several years ago. She was poorly treated and my uncle worked with her to become a lovely dog that loved long walks and companion to my uncle. Sadly, my uncle passed suddenly a few months ago and since then Cassie has turned grey and is lifeless missing her companion. My aunt took her to the vets to see what could be done her and was told that she is basically pining away and probably nothing can be done. Just goes to show, animals have more feelings than we think they do.
7F2E65B4-FD07-4005-B848-73D396393559.jpeg

11th October - Orange Grisette​

One of the great things about Autumn are the varieties of Fungi that start to appear on the woodland floor. These are called Orange Grisette and can be found pushing themselves between the dead leaves.
87FC11F4-9668-4185-B03B-6DFD68A455BD.jpeg

This is a photo of my aunts dog. She is called Cassie and was a rescue dog that my aunt and uncle took in several years ago. She was poorly treated and my uncle worked with her to become a lovely dog that loved long walks and companion to my uncle. Sadly, my uncle passed suddenly a few months ago and since then Cassie has turned grey and is lifeless missing her companion. My aunt took her to the vets to see what could be done her and was told that she is basically pining away and probably nothing can be done. Just goes to show, animals have more feelings than we think they do.
View attachment 172238
So sad! :(

12th October - Virginia Creeper​

This is the time of the year when the Virginia Creeper comes into its’ own with the normally green leaves change to this brilliant red colour, but sadly, give it a couple of weeks then it is all gone.
F2A2B22F-F070-4802-9922-A5300AE7499C.jpeg

View attachment 172128
With food shots, good lighting is everything. Difficult in a shop sometimes. These all look good though. What an array!

View attachment 172238
Heartbreaking. The only thing I could think of to help would be another dog/puppy, but that’s a big commitment.

Heartbreaking. The only thing I could think of to help would be another dog/puppy, but that’s a big commitment.
Sadly, my aunt has had to have Cassie put to sleep as she was emaciated and the vet felt her age was not helping her even if they did any surgery to make her eat. We are all very sad especially my aunt who has lost her husband and now her only other companion.

13th October - Blue Roundhead Fungi​

Another fungi picture from me. I must admit I do have a fascination to these little plants that appear in the autumn. This one was under a birch tree. A beautiful sky lie colour shining out from the undergrowth.
B71704FE-35A8-4D37-98F6-AD0F07B63D06.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom