Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

15th October - Houseplant on Show
One of my houseplants that I have had for several years has finally begun to flower and here it is! Quite bright and distinctive.
543FBB32-0E9A-4821-9E8D-BB29E02F9F4B.jpeg

Sadly, my aunt has had to have Cassie put to sleep as she was emaciated and the vet felt her age was not helping her even if they did any surgery to make her eat. We are all very sad especially my aunt who has lost her husband and now her only other companion.
Oh no! That is so sad. My heart bleeds for your aunt.

16th October - Night Visitor​

I have been putting out food for the hedgehogs and have seen two feeding together, but last night I was able to capture one of them tucking into the food.
View attachment 172540
Beautiful portrait :inlove: I haven’t seen a hedgehog for years. Strange. Our partly messy garden is perfect for them. And we’ve had them earlier. PAUSE I now read what I suspected. There are becoming fewer because of traffic and chemicals. On the Swedish Red List of Threatened Species since last year:(

17th October - Ivy and Bee​

The Ivy in the garden is covered in tiny green balls that are the flowers which seems to be attracting the bees, although I do wonder where they get the nectar from on these flowers.
94762650-9BCD-4AB4-8E4C-01821AD39195.jpeg

Beautiful portrait :inlove: I haven’t seen a hedgehog for years. Strange. Our partly messy garden is perfect for them. And we’ve had them earlier. PAUSE I now read what I suspected. There are becoming fewer because of traffic and chemicals. On the Swedish Red List of Threatened Species since last year:(
That is one of the reasons I made the stumpery at the top of our front garden and added a hedgehog house to try and encourage them. Do you have a project called hedgehog highways in Sweden. It is very popular here with many people being encouraged to cut a small hole in the adjoining fences or leaving gaps under walls, etc so that the hogs can travel around safely without having to go across too many roads.

That is one of the reasons I made the stumpery at the top of our front garden and added a hedgehog house to try and encourage them. Do you have a project called hedgehog highways in Sweden. It is very popular here with many people being encouraged to cut a small hole in the adjoining fences or leaving gaps under walls, etc so that the hogs can travel around safely without having to go across too many roads.
I don’t know. I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds like a great idea :thumbs::inlove:

I don’t know. I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds like a great idea :thumbs::inlove:
Here’s the link for you to have a look. Perhaps you could get it going in your country?

Here’s the link for you to have a look. Perhaps you could get it going in your country?
Thanks Jan :inlove: I will keep this link and see if I can do something

22nd October - Guelder Rose Berries​

I have seen, like the rosehips, the Guelder rose berries are really more prevalent this year in the hedgerows. The berries are quite large and look very inviting. As we were walking along, I spotted a song thrush munching away through them.
DC80C5F0-8098-463F-96C3-A3088879DB51.jpeg

23rd October - Lonely Toad

I have been clearing out an area behind the annexe when I saw something moving and. From out from. Behind some pots this toad ambled out across the path and into another gap between the pots.
94D65DCA-81C6-4795-A681-E717CADBCE22.jpeg

25th October - Autumn View​

I stopped the car driving down this road whilst visiting a friend who lives in Derbyshire. I just loved the contrast of colours, with the reds and browns of the leaves to the yellow leaves on the trees that were being highlighted by the sun.
ECCFD09D-770D-4D6E-BB56-230B1222D5E8.jpeg

29th October - Morning Sunshine​

We took a walk through Dane’s Dyke near Bridlington today and the sun was streaking through the trees which highlighted the trees and the undergrowth. And, although it was very windy outside, no breeze at all in here.
E7AA33B7-E592-45FC-977C-CA80F3B54171.jpeg

30th October - Folly in the Woods​

Another woodland walk and in this one, we spotted this folly hidden amongst the birch trees. It looks like a tower from a church but really is nothing just and odd building clearly put up be some eccentric!
0D83043E-0253-47AE-885D-511C7A856D24.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom