Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

31st October - Birch Wood​

I love the way the sun’s rays dapple through trees at this time of the year. This walk was a little hillier than usual but the dogs loved scampering up the rocks and hills. It also meant they were exhausted on the journey home and slept all the way.
64C36883-375B-4AF1-A1E8-4BF194D2C935.jpeg

1st November - Bridlington Sunset​

We arrived in Bridlington earlier today and had to wait until the tide was going out before our walk, but it meant we caught the start of sunset over the water and the edge of the town.
5ACBDE9A-78A0-4F26-9AD1-2A828DD88073.jpeg

2nd November - View from Dane’s Dyke​

One of my favourite views of the East Yorkshire coast. This lovely long sandy beach looking south to Bridlington and north the edge of Flamborough Head. I used the long exposure facility on the iPhone to make the waves cloudy.
9C7164C4-3815-489F-8B28-31647553124D.jpeg

9th November - Hobbit House​

In the car park at Sewerby Hall outside Bridlington is this little round house. I think it was originally the ice house for the hall where ice would have been stored. Very strange building to fine in the middle of a car park.
1BA5E4A5-B19C-45C5-A2C5-6C54B7287339.jpeg

10th November - Another Windy Day​

Today the wind was very gusty again with the sand really causing a mini sandstorm on the beach and very fast moving clouds. Unfortunately, this meant our dog walk was curtailed as both of them were covered in sand and in their eyes.
6A82ED98-D4F9-45CF-8E21-18CB3E72B0C7.jpeg

11th November - Lest We Forget​

I couldn’t resist these photos. On our local TV station they showed a series of knitted caps for postboxes and also a full-size knitted soldier. They’ve been made someone Nick-named the “Knitting Banksy”. So I decided to take a drive to Ashby to get some photos. The poem is one of my favourites but not one that is very common for Remembrance Day.
47AA33B9-D1B5-4DEF-A5C7-3891A1EC1B63.jpeg

I couldn’t resist these photos. On our local TV station they showed a series of knitted caps for postboxes and also a full-size knitted soldier. They’ve been made someone Nick-named the “Knitting Banksy”. So I decided to take a drive to Ashby to get some photos. The poem is one of my favourites but not one that is very common for Remembrance Day.
View attachment 173201

that’s the first poem I have read linking poppies and Poppy Day :)

View attachment 173201
Wow, how incredible. From one who can’t even knit one, purl one, I am in awe. And that poem brought tears to my eyes.

12th November - End of an Era​

Sadly today, we have just cleared the last of our things out of our little home by the sea. But, it is not the end but about to start of a new adventure as we will be collecting a new motor home in the new year so we can visit a lot of the places in Britain we have always wanted to do.
86BC119B-CDB6-41F0-B948-F4FAB1304663.jpeg

Sadly today, we have just cleared the last of our things out of our little home by the sea. But, it is not the end but about to start of a new adventure as we will be collecting a new motor home in the new year so we can visit a lot of the places in Britain we have always wanted to do.
View attachment 173233
What a cute little house :inlove: I understand you’re going to miss it but with your new mobile home you’ll have so many great expeditions and adventures that will compensate for the loss:thumbs:

13th November - Angel’s Bonnet​

I never get bored with finding Fungi around the woods. These little ones are called Angle’s Bonnets and were spotted on the dying bark of a birch tree. This group were approximately 10cm in height with long slender stems.
DA4E33C9-0753-4C9F-8F61-886E639646A3.jpeg

View attachment 173201
Sorry, but after seeing your images I had to post the image I got this week in the new village I am moving to next year. The red postbox has been gold for a very long time but fun to get the knitting too!

5B9ED1F4-2FD4-48A6-B783-3A05D8828C29.jpeg

View attachment 173233
I”ll be excited to see your images from the adventures!!!!!

14th November - Plumage to be Proud of!​

Met up with a friend and her dog for a walk today at Hickling Basin on the Grantham Canal which is a good place to watch and feed the ducks but today along with the usual Mallards a lone male Mandarin was proudly walking along the pavement showing off his plumage to everyone.
3A9E7167-9B1B-407A-888D-01AF9667254C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom