Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

16th November - Tonight’s Night Sky​

Visiting a friend today and thought I’d try the night mode pictures again and this was an interesting effect. A building that was lit up in the distance giving it a bit more interest.
61263610-7951-4C4B-814E-F3A4C2D58F38.jpeg

18th November - A Little Visitor​

Today we had a visit from one of the young hogs that was out in the daytime. As this is often a sign of malnourished animals, we collected him up and put him in the hedgehog house with food and water, in a hope that it will help. I just hope he is heavy enough to survive the winter
83360EEB-C091-4D1A-8B3A-FE5F3DF62FC7.jpeg

20th November - Autumn Hedgerow​

When I took this image it was for the colours in the hedgerows but if you look carefully you might spot something in the hedge not expecting. A clue - quack quack!
0227E345-6E5F-4EFA-B1E4-3A92EF88E07D.jpeg

18th November - A Little Visitor​

Today we had a visit from one of the young hogs that was out in the daytime. As this is often a sign of malnourished animals, we collected him up and put him in the hedgehog house with food and water, in a hope that it will help. I just hope he is heavy enough to survive the winterView attachment 173512
It really needs to go to a rescue centre Jan, asap. It won’t survive otherwise.

21st November - Lung Lichen​

A beautiful blue/grey colour, this lichen was spotted on a felled oak tree in Belvoir. It has got its name as it used to be used by herbalists to treat lung infections like pneumonia and bronchitis.
62BA6692-246F-4909-908A-D7F056F19F89.jpeg

28th November - Swan’s Neck Moss​

Spotted this little clump of moss on a dead piece of bark which looked interesting as it was very different from the other mosses around the woodland floor. According to Nature Spot traditionally, swan’s neck thyme-moss was used to stuff mattresses because people believed it would help them sleep better.
Early tests carried out by scientists have discovered that the moss contains seven fatty acids, including arachidonic acid which helps to raise immunity and inflammatory responses. Wow! You never know what you’ll find in a woodland if you look carefully!
8897E24B-2925-43FD-9C3A-01D9E2B2C84E.jpeg

29th November - Wasn’t Expecting This!​

The weather forecast yesterday was for very cold and sunshine which was correct until it began to get dark, when suddenly, we started seeing small flakes of snow. Not thinking it would be anything, we’re quite surprised to wake up to a smattering of snow in the garden. Sadly, not enough for the dogs to play in. But, we have been in Harby for 8 years and this is the first time we’ve had snow in November. Usually January or February. Mind you, prefer this to heavy winds and rain any day!
15CA3E33-19A8-4987-933A-8DB24FF983B9.jpeg

The weather forecast yesterday was for very cold and sunshine which was correct until it began to get dark, when suddenly, we started seeing small flakes of snow. Not thinking it would be anything, we’re quite surprised to wake up to a smattering of snow in the garden. Sadly, not enough for the dogs to play in. But, we have been in Harby for 8 years and this is the first time we’ve had snow in November. Usually January or February. Mind you, prefer this to heavy winds and rain any day!
View attachment 173720
Great, you have more snow than we have today :) But in other parts of Sweden they’ve got a lot of it. I agree with you that it’s better than rain

View attachment 173720
Lovely image. I should have gone out today and taken photos of the light snow but I’m such a wimp when it comes to cold and it would require getting in the car and travelling.

30th November - Tree in the Wind​

As it was a very cold and miserable day today, decided to use one of my old photos and play around it with a couple of apps. I converted it to black and white in Snapseed then made the tree more creative in Deep Art Effects.
A0DCB78F-F709-41AC-A557-5B78936ED9A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom