Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

20th December - Misty Morning​

Woke up today to fairly thick fog which always changes the views, particularly on the skeleton shapes of the trees.
9A17C302-D864-4B33-92E2-5D1FDFA8DCA1.jpeg

Oh no, you haven’t been well? I wondered where you were. Out enjoying your motorhome is what I thought. Do you have it yet?
Hi sadly no on the motor home front. Still delayed. Hopefully we will get it by February.

22nd December - Frosted Grass​

Although we weren’t forecast frost today, it was nice to see the plants wither white borders. I took this image with sun coming up just highlighting the background.
4D2087CA-62E7-439F-A68C-DD31436F4DCB.jpeg

23rd December - Periwinkle​

Going round the garden, it was surprising to see the periwinkle had come into bloom although it is not meant to come out until the spring. Taken using the stagelight facility on the iPhone.
51D8C3EF-A8B7-4E36-BAE0-C3791FE62C21.jpeg

!24th December - What a Day!
Sorry for this diatribe, but today saturated off pretty poorly. I broke my trifle bowl getting it out of the cupboard which had been my grandma’s. Then had a phone call from my friend who I was going out for a walk with her and her dog had tested positive so our walk was cancelled. So, just left with me taking the dogs out on my own on one of our regular walks along the canal from home to the woods which is now getting very muddy and as we walked on the fog got thicker. Believe it or not, the top picture shows the fog. Behind the tree should be a view of our village but has disappeared in the mist. At least, this wasn’t a disaster!
so finally - Merry Christmas from me and 2 very muddy dogs!
B2A72E58-ADC0-4D42-B41B-CFE7FF773614.jpeg

Sorry for this diatribe, but today saturated off pretty poorly. I broke my trifle bowl getting it out of the cupboard which had been my grandma’s. Then had a phone call from my friend who I was going out for a walk with her and her dog had tested positive so our walk was cancelled. So, just left with me taking the dogs out on my own on one of our regular walks along the canal from home to the woods which is now getting very muddy and as we walked on the fog got thicker. Believe it or not, the top picture shows the fog. Behind the tree should be a view of our village but has disappeared in the mist. At least, this wasn’t a disaster!
View attachment 174469
Merry Christmas to you :inlove: No mud here, just a lot of snow:)

View attachment 174469
Merry Christmas, Jan. I’m too feeling rather subdued today but looking forward to an excellent year next year. Feel it in my bones. You with your caravan and me hopefully travelling more - it can only get better! :inlove:

Last edited:
View attachment 174469
Agh Jan, what a start to the day! And where was Dave in all of this? Merry Christmas. I hope today is a better one.

View attachment 174469

Merry Christmas to you :inlove: No mud here, just a lot of snow:)
Wishing for your snow, ubbyisis Eva! Ours was all melted in the rain yesterday….I’ll be sharing in Jan’s mud…….

B825BF0E-2CF0-4B2D-B327-B703CA91C502.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

27th December - Today’s Visitor​

One of the squirrels that visit us to help themselves to the bird sunflower seeds, despite leaving peanuts out for them. This is one of regular adults that visit with a brown head and a saddle marking on his back.
50451EA1-B3A3-4596-86E1-D709B50A9C24.png

28th December - Christmas Cactus​

Finally have a cactus that is in bloom for Christmas. Most of them ten to flower from November round to January but never over Christmas. Took this with the stagelight facility on iPhone to give the black background effect.
46379A5F-3793-4CF7-A9E4-00AC89C09942.jpeg

29th December- Another Foggy Day​

Decided to go a bit further for our walk today rather than sticking to the canals. But the weather didn’t help. Very wet and then, what began as a slight mist became a thick fog. But not before I saw this old tree and its’ spindly branches sticking out from the fog.
22B80A8F-4D9D-4C5E-8B3D-C355DC3778C1.jpeg

Decided to go a bit further for our walk today rather than sticking to the canals. But the weather didn’t help. Very wet and then, what began as a slight mist became a thick fog. But not before I saw this old tree and its’ spindly branches sticking out from the fog.
View attachment 174613
love that mist

View attachment 174469
Happy muddy dogs :inlove:

Sorry for this diatribe, but today saturated off pretty poorly. I broke my trifle bowl getting it out of the cupboard which had been my grandma’s. Then had a phone call
So sorry your grandma’s trifle bowl broke :( Had you had it for long? It can be hard to lose these treasures. Can some of it be salvaged for garden art? Or is it best simply to let it go?
I have a few old bowls and plates in the garden, bits hanging from trees . . . when something is unusable in its original purpose but I don’t want to part with it.

View attachment 174613
What a fabulous tree. I love a good tree.:thumbs:

So sorry your grandma’s trifle bowl broke :( Had you had it for long? It can be hard to lose these treasures. Can some of it be salvaged for garden art? Or is it best simply to let it go?
I have a few old bowls and plates in the garden, bits hanging from trees . . . when something is unusable in its original purpose but I don’t want to part with it.
It wasn’t worth anything, just one of the things I kept from her so that was why I was feeling fed up. Still have a couple more things of hers including a meat plate that she ‘took’ with her when she left service to marry. She was in service for the Duse and Duchess of Devonshire’s London house.

Back
Top Bottom