MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I tried posting some of my recent stuff on the MobiTog Flickr page, but I keep getting the message that the photos are either in too many groups, or don't follow the rules. :confused:

I see some Flickr members with photos in 40+ groups...do you have to have a Pro Account for this? Is the Pro Account worth it?

Thanks!

Yes the Pro Account is worth it. You can only upload so many photos a month & post them in so many groups. It's really cheap compared to other photo sharing sites.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

The Pro account could be the problem, Catherine. There are limitations on free account holders but it's been so long since I had one I can't remember the details. Sorry.

Hi Catherine :)

The Mobitog Flickr Group is limited to three images submitted a day.

I will look into whether you need a Pro Account... I hope you don't....

Hi Catherine, a "normal" or should I say "Lite" Flickr account holds only 200 images. If you intend to keep adding images, you'll have to go "Pro". Costs something like $29.99 a year, and gives you unlimited space on your own Flickr page.

You can join as many groups as you like, but trust me, you'll soon be whittling them down to 20 or less, as it gets to be a burden having to update each group independently. I think you can only use the same image in 7-8 groups at a time? Don't quote me on this, it's only an estimate, and what I've seen happening to my own images.

Here's how I manage my Flickr account: I accumulate 20 images before uploading to Flickr. Then, for each Group I share to, I just make sure I'm clicking on a different lot of 6 images each time (or 3, or the odd 1). Having a pool of 20 images makes choosing a different set each time much easier.

Thx AlyZen! I have been avoiding upgrading to Pro but I went ahead and did it the other day. :)

One other Flickr question: I see lots of photos that get 100-200 views/comments/likes. Is this because of the groups they're being added to, or the amount of contacts they have? I'm lucky if mine get 30-40 views. LOL.

Just curious...

Back
Top Bottom