MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page

Browsing our new ‘Your Attachments’ thread had me thinking about ‘then and now’ - the evolution of both my own art/photography (MobiTog was my very first post-an-image-online experience) and the MobiTog community.

While we were sorting out the details in the staffroom, RoseCat shared her very first MobiTog post. And the images I have posted over the relatively few years I’ve been a member link me back to some special moments — funny, tragic, artistic, disastrous and everything in between.

My first image in Jan 2014 was a ‘Snow White and Rose Red’ collage. My sis jalaislynn Lynne had long ago shared her fantasy of our eventual escape from our tortuous childhood - and an essay she’d written theorising that fantasy in her psych undergrad. My response to her sharing was a series of Snow White and Rose Red images in which I tried to imagine my way through some of my sister’s memories.

Because those were the images I was working on, they were the images I posted in response to the ‘tell us something about your mobile art/photography’. A bit more ‘art therapy’ than most image/intros here, but as good an intro as any to the way my thinking and my art work :lmao:

BCF258C1-135A-4AC3-8A93-4FA8D108283F.jpeg

This thread is an invitation to
1. Introduce yourself to the new ‘your attachments’ option
2. Post images that remind you of something in your art/photography — or a moment in MobiTog — that you want to share
3. Anything else relevant to 1 or 2

NB: Properly credited images from challenges or collaborations or demonstrations welcome. Relevant urls would be a bonus!

What a great idea Jennifer, love it ma’am... :thumbs:

I’ll play, mostly because such techie things work much better than my actual memory (I’m sure there’s a reasonably sanitary explanation for this!)... :rog:

Anyway, this is my very first iMage from June 2011, as posted in the revamped MobiTog of May 2011... :D

D4012416-46FE-404C-ACBF-031BAF360E73.jpeg

Hipstamatic...
Lens = Salvador 84
Film = DreamScape

My first image was the cow, which you often mentioned zenjenny (Nov 2014). The original image was taken with an iPad mini because I couldn't get an iPhone 6 in HK for love nor money it was that popular and I wasn't using a smartphone - didn't see any point to it until I came across mobile photography.

I have MobiTog to thank for getting me into mobile photography because I would never have taken all those images of HK otherwise or on all our Asian trips. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

photo-06-11-2014-11-49-46-jpg.58868

I’ll play, mostly because such techie things work much better than my actual memory (I’m sure there’s a reasonably sanitary explanation for this!)... :rog:

Anyway, this is my very first iMage from June 2011, as posted in the revamped MobiTog of May 2011... :D

View attachment 111070

Hipstamatic...
Lens = Salvador 84
Film = DreamScape
I’d say that’s also a Found Face. :D

My first image was the cow, which you often mentioned zenjenny (Nov 2014). The original image was taken with an iPad mini because I couldn't get an iPhone 6 in HK for love nor money it was that popular and I wasn't using a smartphone - didn't see any point to it until I came across mobile photography.

I have MobiTog to thank for getting me into mobile photography because I would never have taken all those images of HK otherwise or on all our Asian trips. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

photo-06-11-2014-11-49-46-jpg.58868
I remember this! So beautiful and unique...

Here is my first ever post on August 1, 2011. I was at an event and met Shamus, who I fell in love with. According to my post I edited this with Noir and BlurFX (2 apps I no longer have in my camera roll). Apparently this was my first time using Noir.

B104884F-BA6F-48A5-8798-F2F2EFE4988C.jpeg

Did anyone else have trouble copying the photo link? I couldn’t select the entire link (“select all” wouldn’t appear) and what I was able to capture didn’t include the brackets with IMG inside so I had to add those. :confused:

P.S. Hmmmmm.... I obvs didn’t do that properly because the photo didn’t appear. How do you add the photo?

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 111070

Hipstamatic...
Lens = Salvador 84
Film = DreamScape

So you were a Hipsta tragic from the get-go ?!? I should’ve known :lmao:

Our gain, Ann :inlove: And I still love that cow! (At the time it was an immediate favourite abstract. It still is).

Here is my first ever post on August 1, 2011. I was at an event and met Shamus, who I fell in love with. According to my post I edited this with Noir and BlurFX (2 apps I no longer have in my camera roll). Apparently this was my first time using Noir.

View attachment 111079

Did anyone else have trouble copying the photo link? I couldn’t select the entire link (“select all” wouldn’t appear) and what I was able to capture didn’t include the brackets with IMG inside so I had to add those. :confused:

P.S. Hmmmmm.... I obvs didn’t do that properly because the photo didn’t appear. How do you add the photo?
Yes, I had the same problem. Thought I must be missing something. Had to add the IMG enclosures.

Yes, I enjoyed the Wrecking too although hated at the end that some of the images weren’t ‘mine’.
Yes, I only thought last week that The Wrecking Yard should be resurrected, but I know some people found that the time spent “wrecking” was a waste of time when the final image couldn’t be shown anywhere else.

The pivotal moments on mobitog for me are the threads that forced me to learn, do or think something new or different to my default snapseed processing. EOS, Edit this, Twac all made me up my game. Here's the first EOS I was happy with my contribution in.
eos-0-jpg.77596

The other threads that made me change are the b&w and mobicolour. I've said it elsewhere before but the discipline of meeting a weekly challenge made me more productive and up my quality. I now take many more pictures but reject even more as no good to find the ones that do it for me.
Here's my first winning pic in either thread just a few weeks after joining. The theme was Heavy Metal.
tmp_dsc_1911_3320935867-jpg.76041

The pivotal moments on mobitog for me are the threads that forced me to learn, do or think something new or different to my default snapseed processing. EOS, Edit this, Twac all made me up my game. Here's the first EOS I was happy with my contribution in.
eos-0-jpg.77596

The other threads that made me change are the b&w and mobicolour. I've said it elsewhere before but the discipline of meeting a weekly challenge made me more productive and up my quality. I now take many more pictures but reject even more as no good to find the ones that do it for me.
Here's my first winning pic in either thread just a few weeks after joining. The theme was Heavy Metal.
tmp_dsc_1911_3320935867-jpg.76041
Oh yes, I distinctly remember that chopper. Awesome.

Yes, I enjoyed the Wrecking too although hated at the end that some of the images weren’t ‘mine’.

Yes, I only thought last week that The Wrecking Yard should be resurrected, but I know some people found that the time spent “wrecking” was a waste of time when the final image couldn’t be shown anywhere else.

Maybe we can have another look at that, think of the images as ‘collaborative’. Still, with some of the wrecks of wrecks of wrecks we ended up with, citation could be a problem :lmao: Unless we cited the thread . . . That’s a question for better legal minds than mine - I just like to wreck stuff :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom