• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MobiZero #8 February 1-29

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
You still haven’t got off your knees then Jeffrey. I love these little finds.
As I was kneeling down Dawn was saying how she was surprised I could kneel for so long on concrete. She then said her knees would have been complaining already. I stood up, after capturing the shot, and replied, oh, my knees just said, OK you've impressed her, you can get up now. We laughed so loud :):D

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I was thinking KISS when I was typing. :rolleyes: Another thought was to load it off on whoever is judging at the time to make the call. Then I thought of you, moderating the Black and White Challenge and jumping in to tell folks to desaturate and I thought, “That’s what a moderator is supposed to do.” Sigh.......
There is no ‘right‘ answer here, Star. Yes, you with the squeaky voice, hiding behind the sofa — I’m speaking to you. You’re the thread host: stick a pin in something and call it. Done deal.

That way there is something for everyone: a framework for people who want to be getting on with posting photos, a gap in the market for people who want to start a variation of this thread — and a myriad of imperfections, inconsistencies, inherent biases and just-plain-wrongnesses for people who want to discover or and/or construct detailed responses to.

See? :mobibabe: :thumbs::D Perfect win/win. Now get out from behind that sofa, get on your big girl panties and go fetch that pin.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
There is no ‘right‘ answer here, Star. Yes, you with the squeaky voice, hiding behind the sofa — I’m speaking to you. You’re the thread host: stick a pin in something and call it. Done deal.

That way there is something for everyone: a framework for people who want to be getting on with posting photos, a gap in the market for people who want to start a variation of this thread — and a myriad of imperfections, inconsistencies, inherent biases and just-plain-wrongnesses for people who want to discover or and/or construct detailed responses to.

See? :mobibabe: :thumbs::D Perfect win/win. Now get out from behind that sofa, get on your big girl panties and go fetch that pin.
I did get up a while ago, but I‘m back now. I found a few years of dust bunnies (dust wolverines, actually) so I had to fetch the vacuum, and am currently doing battle.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I did get up a while ago, but I‘m back now. I found a few years of dust bunnies (dust wolverines, actually) so I had to fetch the vacuum, and am currently doing battle.
well I suppose while you’re there you could poll them for opinions on the Roolz for this thread. But only the wolverines, mind. Bunnies are notoriously indecisive.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Errrr, what edits? :confused: There shouldn’t be any. And the device info is usually under the poster’s avatar.
That had me worried for a moment. I see in the blurb it should be native cam or apps that only take photos. While Camera+2 does provide some editing capabilities I have not bothered to check them out as I do all my editing elsewhere. I'm afraid if I gather more knowledge at this point in life I will not have space to remember where I live :p

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Has the standard Mobi convention of including the camera & edits info with each photo been abandoned?
In checking out the general site rules, I found that yes, you should list which camera and all apps used. Standard camera apps are allowed. No apps or camera apps that apply filters are to be used. This is a work in progress, but I think we’ve all got the idea. Set up your shot, take the photo, then crop or desaturate as needed.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hmm problem with that is I won mobizero#4 using Portrait mode, albeit not as extreme as Jeffrey's image but non the less an interesting conundrum.

But then if we used manual setting on a camera would that be considered an edit ?
As I said it’s a work in progress. Setting exposure, focus, white balance in a manual camera app is the same as using an SLR. You are controlling how the image comes out. And that is photography. This isn’t a point and shoot challenge. It’s a photography challenge. And I don’t mean all auto native camera images aren’t welcome. They certainly are welcome and encouraged. Just no fancy app-ing.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hmm problem with that is I won mobizero#4 using Portrait mode, albeit not as extreme as Jeffrey's image but non the less an interesting conundrum.

But then if we used manual setting on a camera would that be considered an edit ?
That was then this is now. Relax, have fun take photos!

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That had me worried for a moment. I see in the blurb it should be native cam or apps that only take photos. While Camera+2 does provide some editing capabilities I have not bothered to check them out as I do all my editing elsewhere. I'm afraid if I gather more knowledge at this point in life I will not have space to remember where I live :p
Camera+2 is my favorite. Just BACK AWAY FROM THE FILTERS and you’ll be fine.