• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

New MobiZero #8 February 1-29

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
beautiful. Seems you have become interested and then very competent in this art form almost simultaneously! Are you also playing? Would you post an image sometime of all your flutes/flutes-in-progress? (And a sound file of you playing? Please and thank you :D)
Yes, I do play. To someone not familiar with the instrument it sounds like I play. To an expert it probably sounds like I’m a novice player. But it’s one of those things, like photography, where the more you dig into a subject the more you realize there is to learn. That applies to the playing, the making, and the awareness about the cultures from which these things arise.
Did you know there are people in Australia making and playing Native American style flutes?

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Now that we have had more snow every day for a week it looks more like winter. That’s more like it. Well, except for shovelling the driveway every day.
C594D30A-5309-42C2-8CE6-C74087B5B84F.jpeg

I can’t stand this type of lighting in the woods in summer. There’s no fill light. In the winter it works better because the snow bounces so much light around. This us in the woods behind my house.
71343F04-FCCC-497F-BF08-A92C5BD49731.jpeg

It was -16°C when I headed out today. Beautiful but chilly. Needed my snowshoes for sure.
2BB894C8-1CB4-4C49-914C-E9AC496569C6.jpeg

I only got a few photos made before my iPhone got too cold and shut down. It sure felt cold when I put it back in my inside pocket. Then I walked back home and went out with my mirrorless camera that didn’t seem to mind the cold.
The last 2 were made with the native camera app which automatically went into HDR mode.
The first was the middle bracket from an HDR set made in PureShot.
It was a great day to be out photographing and snowshoeing but I had to give it up and go to town.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
An interesting comment Starzee directly to me.
Some further reading,
I'd say virtually all (and the type of photography I like most) could probably be described as snapshot.
It certainly wasn’t aimed at you. I’m sorry you took it that way.
No worries, everyone knows I'm an old grouch ;)
Erm, wasn't it a message directed at John because Star was simply replying to John? :rolleyes: :sneaky: :coffee:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Rana sylvatica
View attachment 155094
This is the end of one of the flutes I have made. It is a Yellow Birch branch flute and my first flute made with tuning holes, which means there are 2 or 3 inches at the end of flute that are not part of the sound column. Which means I am free to change the shape or carve something, like a wood frog in this case, without it affecting the sound. I’m enjoying making physical objects, musical instruments, that don’t only exist in the digital world.
Photographed with CameraPixels. I used the 2x lens in close to throw the background a bit more out of focus. That close I also needed a close-up lens to get it in focus. No crop.
Wow... this is fabulous.