• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MobiZero Challenge #6 11/25-12/31

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Mind-boggling. My brain insists on reading the red stripe at the bottom as a no-parking curb and those lights as uprights.
There was a person down below sitting on a bench... I had to reach way over the ledge to get the shot, so I couldn't see the viewfinder at all. Apparently my arms weren't long enough to get the guy. :confused:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Taken at the flood

3DB1F09B-8244-4C14-B16F-54BC2E787326.jpeg

When I looked at this in the camera roll it seems like I’ve spliced two images together (badly), but this was exactly how it was. The water had subsided a bit (you can just see a little line of twigs on the lawn to the left where the high water had been), but the water line now looks false.

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Taken at the flood

View attachment 153175
When I looked at this in the camera roll it seems like I’ve spliced two images together (badly), but this was exactly how it was. The water had subsided a bit (you can just see a little line of twigs on the lawn to the left where the high water had been), but the water line now looks false.
Wow! Is this your house? Your neighborhood?

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Wow! Is this your house? Your neighborhood?
I wish it was my house, despite its proximity to that river. It’s in the village where we’re renting a cottage. This house backs onto the field where the old castle used to be - where Mary, Queen of Scots, was beheaded.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Don’t pansies just make you happy? Such lovely, underrated, little plants imho.
Yes, they bring color in winter: although that is a bit off this year. On Christmas Day we were floating around the lake in shorts and t-shirts. Yesterday the temp was 20C.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
And what exactly is a cob?
Cobwebs are those tangled and irregular webs that are made by spiders. The origin of this word is from the old English word for spider which was coppe. The cobwebs are those webs that are produced by a family of spiders known as Theridiidae (or cobweb spiders, tangled web spiders, comb-footed spiders etc.).

Read more: Difference between cobwebs and spider webs | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-cobwebs-and-spider-webs/#ixzz69gtBshxt

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Cobwebs are those tangled and irregular webs that are made by spiders. The origin of this word is from the old English word for spider which was coppe. The cobwebs are those webs that are produced by a family of spiders known as Theridiidae (or cobweb spiders, tangled web spiders, comb-footed spiders etc.).

Read more: Difference between cobwebs and spider webs | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-cobwebs-and-spider-webs/#ixzz69gtBshxt
Right now all our spiders are frozen.

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
And what exactly is a cob?
A spider. Old English atorcoppe literally meaning poison head. Shortened to coppe and the b came in later to end up as cob web (spider web). Or so the dictionary tells me. Makes me wonder where the name spider comes from now.