• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

RESULT MobiZero Challenge : The Second Edition

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Proseezion is another app I have had languishing in my iPhone cameras folder and I’m finally getting around to trying it out.
View attachment 148846
It falls loosely into the HDR category in that it makes a number of photos and combines them into one result. But it is also like Cortex Camera and Hydra in fusing several images in the attempt to increase image quality. Unlike most HDR apps, ne is wondering, I use iWatermark to resize all my images to 1500px on the long dimension before uploading to MobiTog.
Wow. I can count the blades of grass :)

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Really? I thought everyone resized their images. The purpose is to limit loading down the MobiTog website. I think there is a back-up during uploading to downsize any images that the users forgot to resize before posting. Try downloading one of your posted images and check to see how big it is.
I think if there was a 'rule' that images HAD to be a certain size to be able to post, it would deter a lot of people from posting. OK there is probably some built in site resizing and I'm happy to accept that.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Do you ever hit the upload limit?
Only once when I had forgotten to downsize my photo. I wondered why it was taking so long to upload. The image was 25MB, as a great many of my images are that come out of Affinity Photo saved as tiff. And that was just 8 bit. When I save 16 bit they are much larger.

The problem is, after doing all that work to get the best out of an image why throw away part of the image data that is there, especially if that is going to be your “master” copy of the image.

With a photo shot as jpeg part of the image data has already been discarded. Then when you edit and save again as jpeg some more image data is discarded. Your actual image quality after editing is lower than it was when you started. The best solution is, at the very first edit, save as tiff and keep that as your master image. You can always make other edits and save as copy as jpeg if desired, but keep the uncompressed tiff file safe.

The reduced size versions I make of photos look exactly the same as the full sized ones in my camera roll (when viewed small). The watermark helps me tell which is which. After uploading I have no further need of the downsized images so I delete them.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Forget-me-not.
5A37DE54-65A4-4C65-9A95-E8E4F0648D11.jpeg

Forget-me-nots grow wild in my yard and that gives me an excuse not to mow that area. In general, mowed areas have only boring grass while unmowed areas constantly surprise me with an abundance of wildflowers and insect life.
PureShot, and presumably some sort of close-up lens. No crop, no edits.

Incidentally, using a close-up lens is a very useful technique, even if technically speaking one is not required to get your subject in focus, because it helps throw the background further out of focus. I’m speaking here about one of the simple +1, 2 or 3 close-up filter lenses, not an actual macro lens.

I find I have to be quite careful in selecting pictures for this thread to inspect the metadata to make sure no editing was done. In this case I had 3 seemingly identical original photos but one of the 3 showed an edit in HandyPhoto, which I presume would be some sort of retouching. I can’t detect what it was comparing with the 2 unedited ones but I set it aside and used one of the unedited photos instead.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Apologies all: life, or something like it...

Jsi’s “Clean and well lighted place”
Cat’’s “Pink at Nassau”
Ted’s “Spectators”
These are the three images that literally jumped out at me. Now. Every other image is exceptional.
We recently went to brunch at Classic on Noble, a very sought after restaurant in Anniston, AL. I immediately felt right at home there. So much so that I only took two photos. Go figure.
Cat’s Pink capture is so full of amazing light and energy it just screams “Look at ME!”
Ted’s Spectators is, again, calm on the surface. I love that fog bank in the distance. It seems the Pacific Ocean has than no matter where you see it.
Everyone else well done. Y’all are beacons for me: this slice of your lives is a very welcome in the topsy-turvy world we currently inhabit.

Edit: sorry about the state of this post. I’m on meds that make that jumble look normal :whistle: ;)

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Apologies all: life, or something like it...

Jsi’s “Clean and well lighted place”
Cat’’s “Pink at Nassau”
Ted’s “Spectators”
These are the three images that literally jumped out at me. Now. Every other image is exceptional.
We recently went to brunch at Classic on Noble, a very sought after restaurant in Anniston, AL. I immediately felt right at home there. So much so that I only took two photos. Go figure.
Cat’s Pink capture is so full of amazing light and energy it just screams “Look at ME!”
Ted’s Spectators is, again, calm on the surface. I love that fog bank in the distance. It seems the Pacific Ocean has than no matter where you see it.
Everyone else well done. Y’all are beacons for me: this slice of your lives is a very welcome in the topsy-turvy world we currently inhabit.

Edit: sorry about the state of this post. I’m on meds that make that jumble look normal :whistle: ;)
Sorry you’re on meds and I hope you’re feeling okay... xoxo

Congrats to jsi John and terse Ted!!! And I’m stoked to be amongst such fine company... thanks Jeffrey!