• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

New MobiZero New : MZ #3 (Zero Editing ) Challenge

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I'm all for a level (ish) playing field. Some apps just produce a better image than the native camera, almost like an in-camera edit.
Surely this challenge has to be significantly different to the regular MC or B/W challenges, or what's the point of having it?
( ... )

That was the sound of me taking a deep breath and getting ready to reply, then thinking better of it. :D

I figure jsi created the challenge so he gets to set the rules.
It is significantly different because you can’t edit/app the image. I would think the only restriction in what camera app one used is that it couldn’t be an app that added a filter, like Hipstamatic. But whether you use the native camera app or Camera+ or 645 Pro shouldn’t matter as long as there are no edits.
I'm just glad I've missed this thread for a few days and this issue has been resolved already.
I have a long, unintersting, retentive diatribe on this issue that I can now resist adding here, thus dodging a significant loss of free time to myself, the patience and good will of my fellow photographers and increasing the quality of life to all.
There's a lot to celebrate. :p

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
It is significantly different because you can’t edit/app the image. I would think the only restriction in what camera app one used is that it couldn’t be an app that added a filter, like Hipstamatic. But whether you use the native camera app or Camera+ or 645 Pro shouldn’t matter as long as there are no edits.
Interesting to me that the challenge with the fewest Roolz attracts the most overthinking nitpicking hairsplitting pedantry discussion :whistle: :mobibabe:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I'm just glad I've missed this thread for a few days and this issue has been resolved already.
I have a long, unintersting, retentive diatribe on this issue that I can now resist adding here, thus dodging a significant loss of free time to myself, the patience and good will of my fellow photographers and increasing the quality of life to all.
There's a lot to celebrate. :p
I’ll drink to that :thumbs: