B&W Monochrome March

evenlake

MobiFan
This is the thread where we can all post images (monochrome only) for Monochrome March.

I will be posting every day to Instagram with the hash tag #monochromemarch, but will only be posting my favorites here.

Please, join me here or on IG!

Taken with Hipstamatic, Americana lens, US1776 film.

Bethesda Reader

image-1954529836.png

evenlake said:
It's actually kind of difficult to shoot exclusively in B&W, I've noticed. Only good apps I've found for shooting are 6x6 and Hipstamatic, and square doesn't work for all shots, as seen below.

Taken with Camera+, desaturated with Snapseed.

Amazing composition! :)

richardcb said:
Great idea, Blake. Here's my contribution to monomarch. Taken with 6x6, processed in Simply B&W and Monophix.

Analog Mail

Great image Richard!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

DezRacer said:
Great idea... Here's what I have. Camera+ and processed with that and FX PhotoStudio.

Beautiful shot! :thumbs:

evenlake said:
It's actually kind of difficult to shoot exclusively in B&W, I've noticed. Only good apps I've found for shooting are 6x6 and Hipstamatic, and square doesn't work for all shots, as seen below.

Taken with Camera+, desaturated with Snapseed.

This is a fantastic shot! Such great light, shadows and lines.

richardcb said:
Really great image, Cat. Please don't tell me you just found him by chance. :eek:
He was at Starbucks and I loved that he had a laptop and cell phone! So I posted on my FB page how I really wanted to snap him, but I suck at Street photography. So after lots of encouragement from my peeps, I got the shot! :D

He was at Starbucks and I loved that he had a laptop and cell phone! So I posted on my FB page how I really wanted to snap him, but I suck at Street photography. So after lots of encouragement from my peeps, I got the shot! :D
Well, even more, that means you've got a classic shot that deserves wider distribution. Magazines would pay for that sort of pic. And of course I hate you for it! :p

richardcb said:
Well, even more, that means you've got a classic shot that deserves wider distribution. Magazines would pay for that sort of pic. And of course I hate you for it! :p

:D :D :D

This is from my first tests with Camera Awesome, using the Hoth filter.
Great pic, as always, Blake, but is it me or is the b&w not quite as clean and crisp as in your other shots? Highlights have blown out losing detail in the hat and hands. Is that the Hoth filter at work?

richardcb said:
Great pic, as always, Blake, but is it me or is the b&w not quite as clean and crisp as in your other shots? Highlights have blown out losing detail in the hat and hands. Is that the Hoth filter at work?

It is indeed the Hoth filter. It also grunges things up a bit. My daughter's fingers look filthy in that picture, but it's the filter. I swear.

Back
Top Bottom