Multiple exposures

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
What's the best app/software for creating multiple exposure images please? I've seen some cool effects I'd like to try, but not sure how to 'sandwich' the images together.

Thanks!

Argentum is a monochrome shooter, but allows you to take 'live' double exposures. Its also a cracking programme full stop for street shots

Most phones will have a 'Burst' mode, which will take multiple exposures in quick succession too. As to 'sandwiching' do you mean stitch together like a panorama, or overlaying like a photoshop file?

Pixlr is great for multi (layered) exposures and Snapseed does a fair job of it too. Superimpose X is very good, but fiddly on a small phone screen. ideal if you have a tablet.

I use Procreate for layering images. Affinity Photo is the best for stacking images - ie making all areas sharp with multiple photos. If you want live multiple exposure I like BlendCamera.

What's the best app/software for creating multiple exposure images please? I've seen some cool effects I'd like to try, but not sure how to 'sandwich' the images together.

Thanks!
Point us in the direction of these cool shots and let’s see if we can pinpoint an app that can do it.:thumbs::)

Thanks!
BlendCamera is good for live multiple exposures, as ImageArt said. I'd say SuperimposeX or Procreate for layering existing images.

Most phones will have a 'Burst' mode, which will take multiple exposures in quick succession too. As to 'sandwiching' do you mean stitch together like a panorama, or overlaying like a photoshop file?

Pixlr is great for multi (layered) exposures and Snapseed does a fair job of it too. Superimpose X is very good, but fiddly on a small phone screen. ideal if you have a tablet.
I did mean overlaying. I know Snapseed did double exposure but wasn't sure if it would work with adding more than 2 images.

I will look at Superimpose too, I have a tablet. And I did wonder if Procreate would work for this.

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

As for the images, I was inspired by Adrian McGarry's recent images on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/adrianmcgarry.shotoniphone

I did mean overlaying. I know Snapseed did double exposure but wasn't sure if it would work with adding more than 2 images.

I will look at Superimpose too, I have a tablet. And I did wonder if Procreate would work for this.

As for the images, I was inspired by Adrian McGarry's recent images on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/adrianmcgarry.shotoniphone
Aha - lovely McGarry images. You can do a single double exposure with Snapseed, or Pixlr (which is better), then save the image and do the same again. It doesn't give as much control over the opacity as say Photoshop though and the layer effects are limited. I used Pixlr for my entry into the Black and White challenge:

Some of his images can be achieved just by using one take in Overcam. I wonder if he uses Overcam and combines it with a single image which I have often thought of doing. I love Overcam. If you play with it enough you can get great images either by moving your phone or keeping it still and taking a shot on a moving object/person. You can change the number of stacks and capture speed. You can also take the images in BW, Binary and Posterized (for an added cost from recollection). Cons: you can’t zoom in and they come with an irritating border which I haven’t been able to switch off but easy enough to crop.

Taken in Overcam and tuned in Snapseed
D34D39D5-4ADA-48BA-9CE4-46B49DB46AD4.jpeg

This is one of my favourites. Enhanced in Snapseed
7C152F0C-C265-4314-94DB-8B24253D4281.jpeg

Some of his images can be achieved just by using one take in Overcam. I wonder if he uses Overcam and combines it with a single image which I have often thought of doing. I love Overcam. If you play with it enough you can get great images either by moving your phone or keeping it still and taking a shot on a moving object/person. You can change the number of stacks and capture speed. You can also take the images in BW, Binary and Posterized (for an added cost from recollection). Cons: you can’t zoom in and they come with an irritating border which I haven’t been able to switch off but easy enough to crop.

Taken in Overcam and tuned in Snapseed
View attachment 180503

This is one of my favourites. Enhanced in Snapseed
View attachment 180504
Another yes for Overcam. Definitely worth trying out.

You can layer images in Procreate.

Back
Top Bottom