• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who have DONATED to help with MobiTog's running costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum! (If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and additional expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has minor update/improvement stuff on-going... :)

My Procreate is Broken!!

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The latest update on my inaccessible photos is.... I’ve discovered that if I choose an album, the photos will load. It’s just the all photos that disappear or the screen goes black. It’s affecting most of my photo apps. I can use Leonardo but not procreate, SuperimposeX or any Jixipix. I can use the regular Superimpose and can open a photo in IColorama but I can’t add a photo to blend.

I heard back from Apple and they suggested I call or chat. It’s 7am here so I’ll wait a couple of hours and call them. Fortunately today is a holiday.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll do some research. At first glance Gimp seems like a Photoshop/Affinity sort of thing. I hesitate to get more software for my iMac because I’m rarely on it.
I really don’t need Gimp. I already have Photoshop, Luminar, Affinity Photo, & Affinity Designer - which seems to be both Illustrator and Photoshop. However, Gimp is free, and the Procreate folks seem to think it is well suited for making brushes. With a little poking around because of past experience with Photoshop, et al, I can figure it out easily enough.
Your brush file is square no bigger than 2048px but 1024 seems more common, Grayscale mode, Threshold to force max black & white.
Once you have your file in that shape, you go to Filters>Map>Tile Seamless, and that’s it.
What I read was that in photoshop you usually have to do some cloning and healing after making your seamless tile.

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The latest update on my inaccessible photos is.... I’ve discovered that if I choose an album, the photos will load. It’s just the all photos that disappear or the screen goes black. It’s affecting most of my photo apps. I can use Leonardo but not procreate, SuperimposeX or any Jixipix. I can use the regular Superimpose and can open a photo in IColorama but I can’t add a photo to blend.

I heard back from Apple and they suggested I call or chat. It’s 7am here so I’ll wait a couple of hours and call them. Fortunately today is a holiday.
That’s a very strange problem. I’m looking forward to hear what Apple has to say. It might require a higher level tech to sort out.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That’s a very strange problem. I’m looking forward to hear what Apple has to say. It might require a higher level tech to sort out.
Apple suggested I do a restore. I’ve fooled around with getting an update downloaded on my Mac. Meantime the iPhone miraculously starting behaving. I have a lunch date with my niece so I’ll see what I come back to. Maybe the iPad will fix itself!

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Apple suggested I do a restore. I’ve fooled around with getting an update downloaded on my Mac. Meantime the iPhone miraculously starting behaving. I have a lunch date with my niece so I’ll see what I come back to. Maybe the iPad will fix itself!
Your problems inspired me to catch up on my native format project backups for Procreate & Affinity Photo.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Your problems inspired me to catch up on my native format project backups for Procreate & Affinity Photo.
I started baking up my Procreate and SuperImpose X projects in my Google Drive. After this I’ll double my efforts, even thought I didn’t lose anything this time around. Better safe than sorry.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This is the third time. When I try to upload a photo to Procreate, they show up then, poof, they’re gone. I’ve restarted twice. Good news this time, it only seems to be the 12.5 IPad Pro and only seems to be Procreate. But, again, I can’t find any forums or links to anyone with a similar problem. I can’t believe I’m the only one in the world to have this problem.

DON’T MAKE ME LEARN AFFINTIY!!!! Please, I beg you.....

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This is the third time. When I try to upload a photo to Procreate, they show up then, poof, they’re gone. I’ve restarted twice. Good news this time, it only seems to be the 12.5 IPad Pro and only seems to be Procreate. But, again, I can’t find any forums or links to anyone with a similar problem. I can’t believe I’m the only one in the world to have this problem.

DON’T MAKE ME LEARN AFFINTIY!!!! Please, I beg you.....
Affinity is no replacement for Procreate. It looks like it’s something to do with the update for the iPad Pro. Only the Apple Store can help you now. Where is your nearest?

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Affinity is no replacement for Procreate. It looks like it’s something to do with the update for the iPad Pro. Only the Apple Store can help you now. Where is your nearest?
27 miles miles. At the dreaded MALL. I go there only when I’m buying an Apple device. (So....once a year.)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
27 miles miles. At the dreaded MALL. I go there only when I’m buying an Apple device. (So....once a year.)
Well, this might be the time to bit the bullet, gird your loins, and any one of those other sayings, and get this sorted. It doesn’t sound like it’s something you can do yourself anymore.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Well, this might be the time to bit the bullet, gird your loins, and any one of those other sayings, and get this sorted. It doesn’t sound like it’s something you can do yourself anymore.
Agree with Jilly. And why suffer any longer without your beloved Procreate?

Treat yourself to a chair massage, some Bubble Tea and an Auntie Anne’s pretzel and you’ll wonder why you put it off. :lmao:

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Agree with Jilly. And why suffer any longer without your beloved Procreate?

Treat yourself to a chair massage, some Bubble Tea and an Auntie Anne’s pretzel and you’ll wonder why you put it off. :lmao:
For one thing, when they expanded the mall (Destiny USA, quite famous around these parts) they expanded over my go to parking place, so now I have NO idea where to park.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
For one thing, when they expanded the mall (Destiny USA, quite famous around these parts) they expanded over my go to parking place, so now I have NO idea where to park.
I always park outside one of the anchor stores so I won’t forget where I am.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I always park outside one of the anchor stores so I won’t forget where I am.
:lol: I was constantly “losing” my old car in the shopping centre car park, even though I tried to anchor it to some landmark. I haven’t yet ventured into the city with the new one. I need a car park all to myself, which might be difficult.:lol:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
:lol: I was constantly “losing” my old car in the shopping centre car park, even though I tried to anchor it to some landmark. I haven’t yet ventured into the city with the new one. I need a car park all to myself, which might be difficult.:lol:
I don't want a real life Seinfeld moment.... :eek: Sometimes I photograph the pole with the letter/number/color or whatever they have to mark the location. Our iPhones now have the car locator GPS thing-a-ma-jig but I'm not sure I totally trust it in a crowded car park?

Part Two Seinfeld

Last edited: