My Tiny Home

How interesting! I know you had a full on iPhoneography life before I came on the scene. What made you decide to change tack?
I’m still full-on iPhonography. I just saw this technique online somewhere and decided to make them... I made 3 sets and gave two as gifts. It’s nice to see one’s images in real life sometimes (vs online.) :)

I’m still full-on iPhonography. I just saw this technique online somewhere and decided to make them... I made 3 sets and gave two as gifts. It’s nice to see one’s images in real life sometimes (vs online.) :)
Yes, I mean :confused: you are still full on iphoneography but I thought your imagery was different then?! Oh for goodness sake, Ann, you’re digging a massive hole - get back in your box!

Yes, I mean :confused: you are still full on iphoneography but I thought your imagery was different then?! Oh for goodness sake, Ann, you’re digging a massive hole - get back in your box!
:lmao: !!!
My *style* has definitely changed over the years. I think that’s what you mean? I barely edit any more... I miss those creative years, but can’t seem to get that mojo back.

:lmao: !!!
My *style* has definitely changed over the years. I think that’s what you mean? I barely edit any more... I miss those creative years, but can’t seem to get that mojo back.
I think the start of iPhoneography sounded really exciting. How to get the most out of not such clear images and all the clever apps that came out. It was all new and hadn’t been done before. Somehow the stuff was different to what was done with a DSLR camera. Actually original. 70s Instamatic photos but with intent.

Now I find myself going back to the way I did things on the PC but it‘s on the iPad and actually blurred images are no longer cool unless it’s slow shutter. It’s who’s got the sharpest images that count now.

I had a look at some of the old winners of iphoneography awards and there’s a naturalness, simplicity and even more originality than there is now. I almost feel the stuff now is clinical. I almost wonder if it wouldn’t be fun pulling out an old smart phone and see what you could do with it. I sense a challenge here....

My *style* has definitely changed over the years.
I think the start of iPhoneography sounded really exciting.
I'll put my two cents in (usually not wanted) ImageArt , RoseCat and say (I think) its a 'style of its time', its had its day basically.
It wasn't exclusive to iphones either, the 'style' had started by people editing the s**t out of regular camera images. The new iphone apps at the time just made it a lot easier. Photography, fashion, food, life, everything moves on and probably comes back around in the end, but this heavily edited stuff is dying out. Look how hard zenjenny tries to get people to post stuff on the Appstract thread just on here.

Sure there are pockets of people on Instagram etc that still push out these images, but the popularity has waned. Tell me I'm wrong?

Last edited:
I'll put my two cents in (usually not wanted) ImageArt , RoseCat and say (I think) its a 'style of its time', its had its day basically.
It wasn't exclusive to iphones either, the 'style' had started by people editing the s**t out of regular camera images. The new iphone apps at the time just made it a lot easier. Photography, fashion, food, life, everything moves on and probably comes back around in the end, but this heavily edited stuff is dying out. Look how hard zenjenny tries to get people to post stuff on the Appstract thread just on here.

Sure there are pockets of people on Instagram etc that still push out these images, but the popularity has waned. Tell me I'm wrong?
But I’m not really meaning those types of photographs. Look at the IPPA Awards for 2010. Not one of them would win now. No Timbuktu, no Kathmandu. Okay some are a bit surprising :lol:.

I’m meaning the type of images you yourself still produce on a daily basis, John, just not so clear because it’s the old phones. :) Kind of an everyday purity.

Of course you’re wrong.

aphy, fashion, food, life, everything moves on and probably comes back around in the end, but this heavily edited stuff is dying out. Look how hard zenjenny tries to get people to post stuff on the Appstract thread just on here.

:feet:

wrong and a fruitloop to boot.

I'll put my two cents in (nd say (I think) its a 'style of its time', its had its day basically.

what is the *it* that has ‘had its day’? Apart from the implicit iOS snobbery, ’iPhoneography’ simply refers to the process of taking and editing photos on a phone.

If *it* is the ‘heavy editing’ you refer to, I think you have pointed out the low numbers of entries in the no-edit thread. Facebook and IG have more ‘heavy editing’ groups & threads than you could poke a stick at. And more moderate, low, this or that editing.

Ebbs and flows.

And btw I’ll have you know I don’t ‘work so hard to get people to post in APPstract‘. Most people are perfectly responsive to a threat or, failing that, a quick direct bank deposit.

zenjenny the 'it' I was referring too was the old heavily edited style and lets face it, we are never going to agree on this :lol:
I guess if you follow a lot of people on IG that do that style then it will look like its in vogue. I'll look at the appwhisperer that's usually rife with this sort of edit.
I'm not critizing the style in any way, I just think its had its time.

But I’m not really meaning those types of photographs. Look at the IPPA Awards for 2010. Not one of them would win now. No Timbuktu, no Kathmandu. Okay some are a bit surprising :lol:.

I’m meaning the type of images you yourself still produce on a daily basis, John, just not so clear because it’s the old phones. :) Kind of an everyday purity.
Ha ha didn't realise it went back to 2010, cats and dogs were big news then!! What a difference a decade makes.
But they were the winners !!!! Sheesh :lol:
Joking apart, I like some of them, some had vision.

Last edited:

That was a very enjoyable “blast from the past”. Thanks, Ann!

Of course you’re wrong.

:feet:

wrong and a fruitloop to boot.

what is the *it* that has ‘had its day’? Apart from the implicit iOS snobbery, ’iPhoneography’ simply refers to the process of taking and editing photos on a phone.

If *it* is the ‘heavy editing’ you refer to, I think you have pointed out the low numbers of entries in the no-edit thread. Facebook and IG have more ‘heavy editing’ groups & threads than you could poke a stick at. And more moderate, low, this or that editing.

Ebbs and flows.

And btw I’ll have you know I don’t ‘work so hard to get people to post in APPstract‘. Most people are perfectly responsive to a threat or, failing that, a quick direct bank deposit.

What fun would this be if everyone agreed with everything? Boring!!!!!

`And, as an aside, we should give RoseCat Catherine her Tiny House thread back. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom