Mobi365 Nagaisgich’s Project 366 - 2020 - Appstracts

This photo has more detail than a lot of minimal pieces I’ve seen. My story is that it’s minimal nature photog... and I’m sticking to it!

See! There’s even a few ducks.

;)View attachment 152571
Nobody is going to pick you up on whether your 365 images fit whatever “theme” you’ve decided upon. You can do what you like in your 365. :thumbs:

Nobody is going to pick you up on whether your 365 images fit whatever “theme” you’ve decided upon. You can do what you like in your 365. :thumbs:
Thanks for saying that. I think I’m exploring quite a lot here, and it’ll be good to see what I think of my comments a year from now.

I remember the Romantic poets in school... there was always the list of “rules” that qualified a poet as belonging to the romantic period. Then there was always a poet or two who were a bit different. They only matched some of the rules.

I think I am still finding out how much I want to make the kind of minimal stuff I see around, or if I just want to make some pale photos now and then :) Because I’m also liking the Appstracts quite a lot.

Leaves adrift
4C9F9796-DB70-44FE-8A4C-25AF80A54BDB.jpeg

My short excursion into minimal photography is over. I love looking at minimal photos.. serene and thought-inducing but it’s not actually much fun for me since I live in a big city .... the first few were actually a lot of fun since I was staying in a friends old house and I cherished her old doors etc.

But outdoors? Why struggle to get clear expanses of brick with a drain spout? There’s way better stuff out there.

I leave this thread with a mash-up: gritty street with abstract softness !! These things keep happening to me instead of minimalism lol
F0906182-77DE-48F1-8368-532DEF85FBF3.jpeg

My short excursion into minimal photography is over. I love looking at minimal photos.. serene and thought-inducing but it’s not actually much fun for me since I live in a big city .... the first few were actually a lot of fun since I was staying in a friends old house and I cherished her old doors etc.

But outdoors? Why struggle to get clear expanses of brick with a drain spout? There’s way better stuff out there.

I leave this thread with a mash-up: gritty street with abstract softness !! These things keep happening to me instead of minimalism lol View attachment 152853!!
Love this!

I leave this thread with a mash-up: gritty street with abstract softness !! These things keep happening to me instead of minimalism lol View attachment 152853
Are you carrying on with your 365 and just changing the focus?

I leave this thread with a mash-up: gritty street with abstract softness !! These things keep happening to me instead of minimalism lol View attachment 152853
Love this. What do you mean “leave this thread”? You can still carry on with your 365 can’t you?

My first image with which I planned and prepared each component ahead of time. The background is a two-photo collage that I added effects to from Repix then blurred in IColorama. The subject was taken to Superimpose to have background replaced with black, then taken to iColorama to be turned into a sketch, then back to Superimpose to have it’s black background easily removed before layering and blending onto the colourful background. Back to iColorama for the tiles.

E9E1F8C7-31FD-4263-88F1-66CFEF690AF8.jpeg

My first image with which I planned and prepared each component ahead of time. The background is a two-photo collage that I added effects to from Repix then blurred in IColorama. The subject was taken to Superimpose to have background replaced with black, then taken to iColorama to be turned into a sketch, then back to Superimpose to have it’s black background easily removed before layering and blending onto the colourful background. Back to iColorama for the tiles.

View attachment 152903
Very nice! I’m a big fan of the this particular tile option.

Back
Top Bottom