Mobi365 Nagaisgich’s Project 366 - 2020 - Appstracts

My first image with which I planned and prepared each component ahead of time. The background is a two-photo collage that I added effects to from Repix then blurred in IColorama. The subject was taken to Superimpose to have background replaced with black, then taken to iColorama to be turned into a sketch, then back to Superimpose to have it’s black background easily removed before layering and blending onto the colourful background. Back to iColorama for the tiles.

View attachment 152903
Love it. :thumbs:

More tiles!

And adorable tree ornaments.
BD988055-78BC-4550-92E2-CCCC4E3F5420.jpeg

I had to look it up - wow, the island is stuck out in the Atlantic. And you must have gone past FundyBrian Brian to get there (unless you drove from Halifax :rolleyes: ). It’s a very photogenic place.
I used to live near Brian Fundy years ago. Small town New Brunswick. We did drive from Halifax. Christmas at home ... been living in Toronto for 25 years now. Still love my Cape Breton.

I used to live near Brian Fundy years ago. Small town New Brunswick. We did drive from Halifax. Christmas at home ... been living in Toronto for 25 years now. Still love my Cape Breton.
My journey was in the opposite direction. I went from living in suburban Montreal to New Brunswick a few years back. Hmmm, yikes, 46 years ago. I first lived in Moncton for a couple of years and kept moving farther away from town until I came to this area in 1977. It’s been a few years since I last visited Cape Breton. I mostly hear of it now in weather reports in which it seems Cape Breton receives the worst of whatever each weather system has to offer.

My journey was in the opposite direction. I went from living in suburban Montreal to New Brunswick a few years back. Hmmm, yikes, 46 years ago. I first lived in Moncton for a couple of years and kept moving farther away from town until I came to this area in 1977. It’s been a few years since I last visited Cape Breton. I mostly hear of it now in weather reports in which it seems Cape Breton receives the worst of whatever each weather system has to offer.
A bit of wind, sure. Dorian hit my friend’s place..she was on her generator for 5 days and lost her veggie garden. And it eroded more of a beach that is at risk already.

A bit of wind, sure. Dorian hit my friend’s place..she was on her generator for 5 days and lost her veggie garden. And it eroded more of a beach that is at risk already.
”A bit of wind” sounds like a Cape Breton expression for near hurricane force winds. Yes, the storms have had a big impact on the shorelines and trees here, too. Not quite as much, though.

A young friend of mine works at a club in Halifax. My air bnb was so close I popped in there even though he wasn’t working. A gold mine of character, that place. Here’s a collage.
Edit: Apparently I wasn’t finished yet. Here’s a better collage.
A5DC11BD-7F9F-43AF-8B8F-C0FE39E1ECAB.jpeg

Last edited:
A young friend of mine works at a club in Halifax. My air bnb was so close I popped in there even though he wasn’t working. A gold mine of character, that place. Here’s a collage.
Edit: Apparently I wasn’t finished yet. Here’s a better collage.
View attachment 153534
Are they signs from the club Carmel? It looks like everyone is welcome. Love the edit. :thumbs:

Are they signs from the club Carmel? It looks like everyone is welcome. Love the edit. :thumbs:

Two photos from the club. One was of the words sign, the other was the row of portraits on a wall. I broke up the portraits. The other items are from an old house I stayed in and a restaurant I ate at. I love buts and pieces even though people could see me closing in on the doorknob (of all places, it was on the washroom stall... loved it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent new year eve with my grandsons, their dad and my partner. Devin broke his old record recently... he can solve a cube in 10 seconds now. Leif has a minecraft channel now. We played Uno and Dice.

View attachment 153592
:notworthy: I am in awe of the Rubik’s master. I can get so far, and then I have to resort to the solver on the Internet.:D

Spent new year eve with my grandsons, their dad and my partner. Devin broke his old record recently... he can solve a cube in 10 seconds now. Leif has a minecraft channel now. We played Uno and Dice.

View attachment 153592
After about a year, I learned to get one side. :( My kids amazed me one day by showing me the solved cube. Turns out they peeled off the stickers and stuck them back on. :lmao: Hats off to Devin!

Straight out of camera.

I know, it looks like it was run through a few apps. But what it is: a CCTV screen that enlarges print so people with partial blindness can read it. My new employee, Joe, is a metal guy from way back... when he slid an exercise sheet under the camera and saw his black fingernails he laughed about the days of wearing black nail polish. But the impetus for me, to take the photo, was that the exercise sheet was braille practice. Joe would never be able to read braille with his fingers because he is a guitarist, they are too callused. But with his remaining 5 % vision he can learn to sight read it under the camera. To help teach others. So Joe is amazing to me. You guys “met” him in the recent black and white challenge.
BBBDA01E-7A5B-4EE0-9D35-08EE26616C38.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom