Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Oh, I am so frustrated I want to scream right now... :angry: :angry: :angry:
(okay, I feel a little better)

WHY does iTunes keep putting back all the apps I've deleted off my iPhone 4? It just put back 42 apps which I then had to delete again.

Also, I purchased WowFxHD on my iPad. It's showing up in iTunes on my iMac, so all I'm really trying to do is put it on my iPhone, but instead iTunes is putting back all the apps I've deleted. I have "Automatically sync new apps" checked off in iTunes, but it's not working.

I have iTunes version 11.0.1 on my iMac, and it's running Mountain Lion.

Oh, I am so frustrated I want to scream right now... :angry: :angry: :angry:
(okay, I feel a little better)

WHY does iTunes keep putting back all the apps I've deleted off my iPhone 4? It just put back 42 apps which I then had to delete again.

Also, I purchased WowFxHD on my iPad. It's showing up in iTunes on my iMac, so all I'm really trying to do is put it on my iPhone, but instead iTunes is putting back all the apps I've deleted. I have "Automatically sync new apps" checked off in iTunes, but it's not working.

I have iTunes version 11.0.1 on my iMac, and it's running Mountain Lion.
I feel ya Cat. I was in almost the exact position a couple of days ago with my photo stream. It suddenly stopped working. I rebooted my device to fix it (not in any of the help docs). I know I came across some info on syncing and it was talking about how to manually sync certain items. That sounds like what you need to do with WowFxHD. Try to search iTunes help for manual sync. I hope you figure it out!

Thanks Beth! I tried to do that but couldn't figure it out. Also, even though I am supposed to be able to sync via WiFi (I used to be able to) it doesn't recognize my iphone any more. So I connected with the plug, but that was wonky too and didn't work the first few times, then my iPhone kept bouncing in and out of being recognized. The whole thing is screwed up... Gggggrrrrrr.....

Thanks Beth! I tried to do that but couldn't figure it out. Also, even though I am supposed to be able to sync via WiFi (I used to be able to) it doesn't recognize my iphone any more. So I connected with the plug, but that was wonky too and didn't work the first few times, then my iPhone kept bouncing in and out of being recognized. The whole thing is screwed up... Gggggrrrrrr.....
Seriously, you are describing my own personal Hell. I get so wrapped up in things like this when they happen that I will spend hours upon hours trying to figure things out. Meals are missed, and it's 3 am before I know it. FWIW, your cable probably needs replacing. I've gone through 3 already, starting with the symptoms you described and progressing to the point where there's no recognition at all. With you in iTunes/apple frustration...

That's flipping irritating ! I share my laptop with the whole household , we share the same main account and I often end up with all sorts of stuff synced that has nothing to do with me , and end up with no memory left in my iPhone grr , so I know where you are coming from ! Maybe Matt might know what to do ! I have to manually I click every single app on iTunes or else I just get everything everyone else has and everything I've deleted :( ! Very annoying and time consuming !

I think that you just need to uncheck the box at the bottom of the APP tab ( you did it) and remove the unwanted apps deselecting them one by one using the button on the right.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1360490570.390324.jpg

Just open the App Store on your iPhone, search for the app and click install. I know it isn't solving your other issues but at least you will have the app you want on your phone.

That's flipping irritating ! I share my laptop with the whole household , we share the same main account and I often end up with all sorts of stuff synced that has nothing to do with me , and end up with no memory left in my iPhone grr , so I know where you are coming from ! Maybe Matt might know what to do ! I have to manually I click every single app on iTunes or else I just get everything everyone else has and everything I've deleted :( ! Very annoying and time consuming !
YES!! I had to do the same...very annoying. :mad:

I think that you just need to uncheck the box at the bottom of the APP tab ( you did it) and remove the unwanted apps deselecting them one by one using the button on the right.

View attachment 31706
Thanks Fabio... Yep, I did all that... double-checked that the apps I have previously deleted had "install" next to them, yet they all got reinstalled and I had to delete them from the phone AGAIN. It's all very weird... :alien:

Just open the App Store on your iPhone, search for the app and click install. I know it isn't solving your other issues but at least you will have the app you want on your phone.
When I do that on my iPhone, WowFxHD says $2.99 next to it, instead of "Open". :confused: I already purchased it from my iPad. That's why I was trying to download it via iTunes on my computer because I didn't want to pay for it again....

Currently the app is on my iPad, it shows up in the app section in iTunes on my iMac, but I can't get it onto my iPhone. Instead of installing that new app, it reinstalled all the old apps I previously deleted. It's beyond frustrating... :mad:

View attachment 31706
I've had this problem recently as well and I did as Fabio suggested. Worked for me but still very irritating!! Sorry you are having so much trouble.

I too have had iTunes reload files. I have found that if I go into iTunes and go to apps section under library and delete them there then go onto the iPad (in my case) and delete them there, then sync that it can't reload the app as it is not on your desktop. Seems to have started this with the last version of iTunes. If by error you delete some app by mistake or like me see some neat stuff done with the app and posted you can go back to the App Store and download it again.

Hope you can figure it out.

From time to time remove the unwanted apps from itunes just go to the Aplications options and deleted, and one tip for not pay again usually it doesnt happen but when an app that i bougth doestn appears on the appstore as install and instead appears the price i do this.

Sign in to the appstore updating apps or download a free app and then go to search the app you used to see the price and you will see the install tab instead of the price tab

If you bought a specific HD app - some apps have two versions - then that version won't install on your iPhone, you would have to also buy the iPhone version if you wanted to use it on the phone; The opposite is not true - any iPhone app will install on your iPad without having to pay for it.

Since updating to the new operating system my update screen won't load on my iPhone - the counter at the bottom shows 5 apps need updating bu the screen won't load. This happened to me about a month ago right before an operating system update, but then corrected itself. Other app store screens load just fine, like featured, top charts)

IMG_1715.jpg

The other thing to try if you continue to have issues is go to the summary screen when you connect the iPad and do a backup and then a restore. Depending on how much space you have in use it can take a while. I find with my iPad 3 that it will get sluggish and apps start to crash more often and if I leave it long enough it seems to brick itself.

First time that happened it scared me a bit. If it does that then hold the home button down for about 15 seconds, continuing to hold it press and hold the on/off switch for another 15 seconds, let go of the on/off and continue holding the home for another 15 seconds. Generally before it goes the full 45 sec the screen will go black. Connect the iPad to the desktop and you will get a message that it is in recovery mode and you have to restore and it will use the last backup. My iPad basically started crashing apps then became unresponsive and I got the apple logo and a progress bar and it sat doing nothing. I found this info on the Internet and it worked. After it was done I couldn't find anything that was missing as far as data.

Now when it starts slowing down or apps crash more often I will do it and afterwards seems a lot faster and more stable

Thanks for all the helpful information here, MobiPeeps! I have just other thing to say...

...my head hurts... :confused: :alien: :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom