B&W RESULT:#144 Black & White Challenge

I hope you don’t mind Johannes, but I’ve edited your post to insert the images in full size so that we can all get the full impact of them straight off. They’re such unusual and wonderful black and whites. I don’t know if any of us have Monotono, but if we do, then this is a good reminder to have another look at it, and if we don’t .... :rolleyes:

Hehe. I dont mind also i prefered the preview size which can be enhanced if needed :) Maybe its because of my browser settings that the images show to big :)

STAR TURN
IMG_20190920_173414.jpg

It’s that time of the week again (Sunday already?) where I say this challenge is CLOSED! terse Ted - when you feel ready, would you pick your favourites?

First place goes to Coronation80 (giving him the double this week) for "Star Turn," which shows that in street photography, total sharpness is not nearly as important as catching the right moment. I also like the close crop with the dancer on one side so that we get a good view of the audience as well.

img_20190920_173414-jpg.149726

Stephen's "Player" was also a contender, a more serene and spacious image that is excellent as is, although I found myself wishing for a tighter crop to isolate the guitar player.

Second place goes to sdimbour for "The water mirror lifestyle," which really grabbed me when I took a second look and spotted the grinning man running alongside the young boy, filming as he goes. Just as with Stephen's "Player" above, I was itching for a tighter crop on the central figures, although that would take away the surpise of discovering the running pair in the larger photo. Really, I'd like to have it both ways. :lmao:

629c482c-5d19-4b89-b329-0fcf4ce3f035-jpeg.149722

Sandra's "Tower of wine" also caught my eye, first for its beautiful lines and then -- another second look -- for the kid on the side, watching Sandra with his mouth open.

And Honorable Mentions to everybody else.

First place goes to Coronation80 (giving him the double this week) for "Star Turn," which shows that in street photography, total sharpness is not nearly as important as catching the right moment. I also like the close crop with the dancer on one side so that we get a good view of the audience as well.

Stephen's "Player" was also a contender, a more serene and spacious image that is excellent as is, although I found myself wishing for a tighter crop to isolate the guitar player.

Second place goes to sdimbour for "The water mirror lifestyle," which really grabbed me when I took a second look and spotted the grinning man running alongside the young boy, filming as he goes. Just as with Stephen's "Player" above, I was itching for a tighter crop on the central figures, although that would take away the surpise of discovering the running pair in the larger photo. Really, I'd like to have it both ways. :lmao:

Sandra's "Tower of wine" also caught my eye, first for its beautiful lines and then -- another second look -- for the kid on the side, watching Sandra with his mouth open.

Thank you Ted. Contratulations (again :D ) Stephen. I think you should fortify yourself throughout the week in time for judging day on Sunday!:lol: Well done Sandra for a beautifully composed image full of action and humour. A lovely week of black and whites people. Thank you. Okay, if I can keep this lady under control, me and the flamenco-ing senorita are off to the Gallery.

thanks Ted terse for my 2nd place. Very proud !!!

congrats Stephen Coronation80 !!! Your pic deserve to win this week. Well done !!!

see you next week!!

Back
Top Bottom