B&W RESULT: #148 Black & White Challenge

Clover

2E11D6B2-D46B-4D6C-878B-5D7CDAD7D027.jpeg

Graphite by BeCasso edit

Fantastic composition. You wouldn’t want to be standing where you are when these babies are fired up!! Edit: are they the engines, because now I notice you can see right through to a man dangling about?:confused:

The engines were removed at some point and I assume parts were reused. I still like bringing around the 5s for it’s tiny size. If only that would release a phone again that size.

Celine’s triumphal arch brings this particular Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE. It’s TomHH Tom’s mission to choose his favourites. Over to you Tom. :thumbs:

You are/were in a beautiful part of France Celine. Did you go Sur le Pont d’Avignon (I’m singing that now!)? :D

Yes, we were in Provence. This is a really beautiful place on the planet! We visited maaaaaany cities and other interesting places, of cource Avignon too, but we were not on the famous bridge, bu saw them from the other bridge :)

Okay then, here we go:

... and the winner is - younger Juliana:

cb15efc4-a347-44ea-ba38-72ac6e0397c4-jpeg.150687

this looks a little surrealistic, like someone made a scene to be photographed with all thing she/he likes or could think of. Very nicely seen!

2nd winner - kitty cat taken by Mike in VT Mike. The light is gorgeous, totally a the right place to stress the clear and focused view of the cat. There's no way not to see the focus of this little tiger. Top! (even with an old iPhone :lmao: - it really doesn't count. Use what ever is capable of taking shots!)

26583901987_748a12f5b5_o-jpg.150533

and finally the 3rd winner - Celine Lumiere Celine. This is a real arch! Nicely surrounded by cloud and descent light! A pleasure to look at!

hipstamaticphoto-593237247-285286-jpg.150799

I found this one really hard because I could named some more but unfortunately we're dealing with only 3 here. :(

So I would like to send congrats to all others which took part in this round! Diversity is the essence of life and so it is here!
Let us see more of your places you've been , saw or you find remakable - shoot it! No guns here! ;)

Okay then, here we go:

this looks a little surrealistic, like someone made a scene to be photographed with all thing she/he likes or could think of. Very nicely seen!

2nd winner - kitty cat taken by Mike in VT Mike. The light is gorgeous, totally a the right place to stress the clear and focused view of the cat. There's no way not to see the focus of this little tiger. Top! (even with an old iPhone :lmao: - it really doesn't count. Use what ever is capable of taking shots!)

and finally the 3rd winner - Celine Lumiere Celine. This is a real arch! Nicely surrounded by cloud and descent light! A pleasure to look at!

I found this one really hard because I could named some more but unfortunately we're dealing with only 3 here. :(

So I would like to send congrats to all others which took part in this round! Diversity is the essence of life and so it is here!
Let us see more of your places you've been , saw or you find remakable - shoot it! No guns here! ;)
Congrats Juliana! Well-deserved win. Applause for Mike and Celine, too. Good choices, Tom.

Okay then, here we go:

Fab, Juliana! Dips the toes in and wins. Great entries from Mike and Celine too. Well done. Another week of great BWs.

Okay then, here we go:

A lovely piece of judging Tom, thank you. Congratulations to younger Juliana - Tom exactly described what I thought when I first saw that super image. Surreal is the word - and the rain-soaked people just add to it. Well done to the runners-up, Mike in VT Mike and Celine Lumiere Celine - two diverse but beautiful images. It was another wonderful week of black and whites. How do you do it? I don’t know, but carry on! :D I am now off to the Gallery with all the fun of the fair. I wonder if there’s candyfloss?:lol:

Last edited:
Okay then, here we go:

Okay then, here we go:

Yay younger Juliana!! I ❤ your image... well deserved you!!! :D High fives to Mike in VT and Celine Lumiere !!
3 nice choices. Well done younger, that really is a smasher of a picture.
Congrats Juliana! Well-deserved win. Applause for Mike and Celine, too. Good choices, Tom.
Well done Juliana younger a well deserved win :D

congrats Mike in VT and Celine Lumiere too :thumbs::thumbs:
3 great images and another week of superb b/w, tough job to choose TomHH so well done as well!
Fab, Juliana! Dips the toes in and wins. Great entries from Mike and Celine too. Well done. Another week of great BWs.
A lovely piece of judging Tom, thank you. Congratulations to younger Juliana - Tom exactly described what I though when I first saw that super image. Surreal is the word - and the rain-soaked people just add to it. Well done to the runners-up, Mike in VT Mike and Celine Lumiere Celine - two diverse but beautiful images. It was another wonderful week of black and whites. How do you do it? I don’t know, but carry on! :D I am now off to the Gallery with all the fun of the fair. I wonder if there’s candyfloss?:lol:

Thanks, everyone! That was really a toe dip indeed :lol:
Guess I’ll see you all next week again ;)

Back
Top Bottom