B&W RESULT: #156 Black & White Challenge

After a long day shopping, here are my favourites.
As always, it's been a difficult task as there were so many great images this week.

The winner of this week challenge is Kevin Barrett with "Grocery Shopping". Just waowww!!! I love the contrast between details and blur, the movement and the composition. Love this one. Well done :)
Kevin Barrett - Grocery shopping.jpeg

2nde - Kentaro with "Endless". Love the geometry and the composition of the pic. Well done as well!!! :)
Kentaro - Endless.jpeg

3rd - terse with "Camellia and friend". Love details and composition. Just a great close up!!! :)
Terse - Camellia and friend.jpeg

HM :)
Nagaisgich with "Shiny water bottle"
RoseCat with "Window display"

See you next week !!!

As always, it's been a difficult task as there were so many great images this week.

The winner of this week challenge is Kevin Barrett with "Grocery Shopping". Just waowww!!! I love the contrast between details and blur, the movement and the composition. Love this one. Well done :)
View attachment 152771

2nde - Kentaro with "Endless". Love the geometry and the composition of the pic. Well done as well!!! :)
View attachment 152770

3rd - terse with "Camellia and friend". Love details and composition. Just a great close up!!! :)
View attachment 152772

See you next week !!!
Beautiful choices... congrats Kevin Barrett !! I just love your image.
High fives to Kentaro and terse Ted, and HM Nagaisgich Carmel!! Thank you Sandra for my HM! :D

View attachment 152771

View attachment 152770

View attachment 152772

See you next week !!!
Well done. The grocery cart was my favourite. Congrats everyone.

View attachment 152771

View attachment 152770

View attachment 152772

See you next week !!!
Well done Sandra - great choices. :thumbs: Congratulations to Kevin Barrett Kevin - that’s a super image. I’d love to know how you achieved it; I aspire to something like this, but have no success. High fives to Kentaro Cian and terse Ted for second and third. Cian, I love that car park - I can’t believe it’s being pulled down.:( But at least it has been immortalised here. And, as Sandra says, that is a super close-up Ted. Hugs to the HMs, Nagaisgich Carmel and RoseCat Catherine. All in all, another great week of black and whites. Keep it up!! Okay, I’m going to get on Kevin’s shopping trolley and go wheeeeeeeeeee down the corridor to the Gallery. :lol: See it, and all of the other B&W Challenge winners, here: https://mobitog.com/media/albums/mobi-black-white-winners.822/

Well done Sandra - great choices. :thumbs: Congratulations to Kevin Barrett Kevin - that’s a super image. I’d love to know how you achieved it; I aspire to something like this, but have no success. High fives to Kentaro Cian and terse Ted for second and third. Cian, I love that car park - I can’t believe it’s being pulled down.:( But at least it has been immortalised here. And, as Sandra says, that is a super close-up Ted. Hugs to the HMs, Nagaisgich Carmel and RoseCat Catherine. All in all, another great week of black and whites. Keep it up!! Okay, I’m going to get on Kevin’s shopping trolley and go wheeeeeeeeeee down the corridor to the Gallery. :lol: See it, and all of the other B&W Challenge winners, here: https://mobitog.com/media/albums/mobi-black-white-winners.822/

JillyG - I did this on a whim. I realized that I had the Spectre app on my phone and decided, "What if?" I did about a half-dozen takes. Determined the best aisle to go down, exposure level and camera angle. I had to brace the camera very firmly and though it looks like I was running down the aisle, it was truly at a snail's pace (ninja walking) over the 9 second exposure. Both hands were firmly pressing the phone against the shopping trolly ( we call it shopping cart here) handle as I knew I had to keep the cart crisp in the image. It was fun! The people watching, thought I was nuts. What's new... LOL!

JillyG - I did this on a whim. I realized that I had the Spectre app on my phone and decided, "What if?" I did about a half-dozen takes. Determined the best aisle to go down, exposure level and camera angle. I had to brace the camera very firmly and though it looks like I was running down the aisle, it was truly at a snail's pace (ninja walking) over the 9 second exposure. Both hands were firmly pressing the phone against the shopping trolly ( we call it shopping cart here) handle as I knew I had to keep the cart crisp in the image. It was fun! The people watching, thought I was nuts. What's new... LOL!
Aww, that’s so lovely of you to tell us your technique. I have Spectre. I’m going to try it next time I’m shopping. I fully expect to get the same reaction from the other shoppers. :lol:

Haha!! That’s a great visual. Well, I’d say it was all worth it because that image is so cool.

Kevin Barrett Kevin, sometimes one has to play around and test stuff, do stupid things or do it the way it's not supposed to be. This is creativity!
Thx for letting us know how you did it! :thumbs:
Your shot is fantastic! I never thought this would be possible with a phone.

View attachment 152771

View attachment 152770

View attachment 152772

See you next week !!!
Just thought there were some spectacular shots this week! Fantastic winners, well done.

Kevin Barrett Kevin, sometimes one has to play around and test stuff, do stupid things or do it the way it's not supposed to be. This is creativity!
Thx for letting us know how you did it! :thumbs:
Your shot is fantastic! I never thought this would be possible with a phone.

Thanks Tom. I had another moment of "inspiration" at the mall last night heading up an escalator....

Back
Top Bottom