B&W RESULT: #171 Black & White Challenge

iPhone XS Max, Halide, Lumibee, Moment Macro
37283AA8-2FB0-4FAD-9322-06097C54DA5C.jpeg

Okay, this glorious black and white challenge is now CLOSED. It’s time for our very own Heathcliffe to stop wandering the hills and dales for a few minutes and to do some judging. Whenever you’re ready rizole Rizole. :thumbs:

Three HMs this week. sdimbour's Nouk the dog brings a smile to my face, as does Selfie with the kids by tomklyn and, oddly, so does Just me, not a tree. Clearly sinnerjohn is as cute and fluffy as a smallish, french dog. :p

In third is terse with Museum of Art & History. Boggling stuff.

Second, this week goes to Asif for "Every Empty bottle filled with stories". Beautiful light and shadows in this one.

And our winner is TomHH with And there is still light! Simple, balanced, negative space, there's a softness and a strength in this. strong stuff.
MVIMG_20200405_210533-01.jpeg

Three HMs this week. sdimbour's Nouk the dog brings a smile to my face, as does Selfie with the kids by tomklyn and, oddly, so does Just me, not a tree. Clearly sinnerjohn is as cute and fluffy as a smallish, french dog. :p

Second, this week goes to Asif for "Every Empty bottle filled with stories". Beautiful light and shadows in this one.

And our winner is TomHH with And there is still light! Simple, balanced, negative space, there's a softness and a strength in this. strong stuff.
View attachment 156797
Nice choices!

View attachment 156797
A wonderful bit of judging, but then you are well practised at this. :rolleyes: Congratulations to TomHH Tom - a lightbulb moment in so many ways. A fabulous image, and that’s without considering how difficult it actually is to photograph a lightbulb.:notworthy: High fives to Asif Asif for a well-deserved second place. Your experience with light is apparent and a great example to us all. Well done to terse Ted for that puzzle of a building - great spot! All the HMs can give themselves a slap on the back (or maybe that’s anatomically too difficult:confused:). Anyway, it was another marvellous week, great job everyone! Righty-ho, I’m off to the Gallery and I won’t need to put on the lights to find my way, I’ve got Tom’s lightbulb.:thumbs:

Hiya folks! Sorry for getting back late but even in Corona times there still work to do! :)
Thx for selecting my lightbulb as a winner. This shot was taken while I had my - mostly at night - walk around the block.
There's a small shop next to my place selling handcrafted purses made of leather and they had those retro bulbs in the shop window for illumination.
At first I simply wanted to try and see how a close up of the bulbs will look like. And the first try was very promising.
I played around in Snapseed a little bit - the result you saw in my post.

Congrats to Asif Asif for his bottles. A very descent shot to my opinion with very good settings of light and shadow. Very well done (that would have been my winner shot! :D ).
And thanks terse Ted for messing up my brain! Always good to make people have some brain exercise!

And my respect to all others who took part in this challenge!

BTW - sit back and take some minutes to have a slide show of the B&W gallery - it's just awesome!

Last edited:
Hiya folks! Sorry for getting back late but even in Corona times there still work to do! :)
Thx for selecting my lightbulb as a winner. This shot was taken while I had my - mostly at night - walk around the block.
There's a small shop next to my place selling handcrafted purses made of leather and they had those retro bulbs in the shop window for illumination.
At first I simply wanted to try and see how a close up of the bulbs will look like. And the first try was very promising.
I played around in Snapseed a little bit - the result you saw in my post.

Congrats to Asif Asif for his bottles. A very descent shot to my opinion with very good settings of light and shadow. Very well done (that would have been my winner shot! :D ).
And thanks terse Ted for messing up my brain! Always good to make people have some brain exercise!

And my respect to all others who took part in this challenge!

BTW - sit back and take some minutes to have a slide show of the B&W gallery - it's just awesome!
Wow ChallangeBW 171 result.sorry for late reply my internet is not working last couple of days.Thanks everyone to appreciate my work and Congrats TOMHH :)

Back
Top Bottom