B&W RESULT: #223 Black & White Challenge

Here we go. Some of you may need tissues at hand.

My first place choice goes out to Sinnerjohn's lone tree in fog image. John couldn't have known this but I dreamed of my deceased wife where she was laying in a place very similar to this. I believe I have stared at this image for an hour or two since he first posted it. It is, for me, a wonderful image that captures the emotion: it literally took my breath away, and I have it open on one of my other screens as I type this.

1643040227763.png

Second place goes out to Deepop for seeing what I believe is frost on glass(?) I love the feathery texture to this image and the lighting that brings it to life.

1643040193558.png

Third place goes out to Esotopia for the escalator. The capture and edit are lovely and lead the eye up through the image to those shrouded figures at the top. Ominous one way, hopeful in another.

1643040164871.png

Kudos go to all who shared images. The quality of work shared in the forum never ceases to amaze me.

My first place choice goes out to Sinnerjohn's lone tree in fog image. John couldn't have known this but I dreamed of my deceased wife where she was laying in a place very similar to this. I believe I have stared at this image for an hour or two since he first posted it. It is, for me, a wonderful image that captures the emotion: it literally took my breath away, and I have it open on one of my other screens as I type this.

View attachment 175865

Second place goes out to Deepop for seeing what I believe is frost on glass(?) I love the feathery texture to this image and the lighting that brings it to life.

View attachment 175864

Third place goes out to Esotopia for the escalator. The capture and edit are lovely and lead the eye up through the image to those shrouded figures at the top. Ominous one way, hopeful in another.

View attachment 175863

Kudos go to all who shared images. The quality of work shared in the forum never ceases to amaze me.
An emotional response to John’s haunting photo. Congrats to John and esotopia. Thanks for the 2nd place.

View attachment 175865

View attachment 175864

View attachment 175863

Thank you Jeffrey, and isn’t it amazing how an image can touch one on an emotional level? I’m sure sinnerjohn John will be thrilled to know that his image has moved you. Well done John. Congratulations to deepop David and esotopia TJK for second and third respectively. Well done to everyone who posted this week. I shall now take John’s Lone Tree in the Mist to the Gallery.

View attachment 175865

View attachment 175864

View attachment 175863

Jeffrey, in all the time I've been involved with MobiTog I don't think I've ever seen a more heartfelt/spiritual (I'm not even sure of the words) reason for picking a winner. I'm honoured that my image touched you so, thank you.
Congrats to deepop and esotopia too, another fine week of b/w's.

Jeffrey, in all the time I've been involved with MobiTog I don't think I've ever seen a more heartfelt/spiritual (I'm not even sure of the words) reason for picking a winner. I'm honoured that my image touched you so, thank you.
Congrats to deepop and esotopia too, another fine week of b/w's.
Thank you John. I totally forgot to mention the detail in the branches of the tree in the foreground is amazing.

View attachment 175865

View attachment 175864

View attachment 175863

Congratulations to John for the win and the syncopated double :notworthy: Well done David and TJK, too.:thumbs:

View attachment 175865

View attachment 175864

View attachment 175863

Thanx, Jeffrey, for sharing your intimate feelings. we certainly all know what loss does to a life. and when John's picture helped healing it's by far more worth than "just" a first place in a challenge.
i too love "Eisblumen".

Kudos, Love & Thanx,
TJK

Back
Top Bottom