IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a pr oblem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 22nd January 2022. Judging will take place on Sunday 23rd January 2022, or soon thereafter.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name of the device used to take the image and list each app used, in the order it is used.

This week's winner dscheff Jeffrey will be our guest judge for the above period.

Last edited:
Winter
Snapseed

FDA4635E-42A9-4B23-A171-7962566E1B47.jpeg

Aloha,

please have mercy with this newbie ...
I have used four images from the camera roll of my iphone. Not all are "shot" by myself. I used parts of pictures from Pixabay (or so).
Is this acceptable? For a contribution to this challenge ... Is this, now, bnw or still tinted?

Cheers,
TJK

F362400B-42C7-4959-82E7-FEF871B0C4E5.jpeg

Aloha,

I have used four images from the camera roll of my iphone. Not all are "shot" by myself. I used parts of pictures from Pixabay (or so).
Is this acceptable? For a contribution to this challenge ... Is this, now, bnw or still tinted?

Cheers,
TJK

View attachment 175468
It looks properly desaturated to me, but we’ll let JillyG Jilly be the judge of that. And speaking of judges, thats who decides if Creative Commons images will be allowed in a challenge. In this case dscheff Jeffery is that judge. Kudos from me for mentioning that a Pixabay image was used.

It looks properly desaturated to me, but we’ll let JillyG Jilly be the judge of that. And speaking of judges, thats who decides if Creative Commons images will be allowed in a challenge. In this case dscheff Jeffery is that judge. Kudos from me for mentioning that a Pixabay image was used.
Does that really work though? I assumed as curator (for want of a better word) of the BW Challenge, its Jilly who decides if stock images are allowed. After all its Jilly that decides if images need desaturating not the weekly judge. Otherwise the weekly judge would have to immediately decide what is and what isn't allowed per week/fortnight.

Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Does that really work though? I assumed as curator (for want of a better word) of the BW Challenge, its Jilly who decides if stock images are allowed. After all its Jilly that decides if images need desaturating not the weekly judge. Otherwise the weekly judge would have to immediately decide what is and what isn't allowed per week/fortnight.

Correct me please if I'm wrong.
I stand corrected. It is up to JillyG Jilly.
  • Be courteous in your comments and critiques.
  • All images must be created and edited entirely on mobile devices. The use of stock imagery is allowed in your artwork, but please use in the spirit of the forum - if it’s a mosaic, then it’s fine, but just applying a quick filter to a stock photo isn’t. Also, if you’re entering a competition, the person(s) running it can state whether they will allow stock imagery, and to what extent.
  • You must have the right to post any image you upload, either because it is yours, because you have permission from the rights holder, or because it is in the public domain.

Aloha,

pls. ignore my first entry for this challenge. Here's my definite worx ...
(it all started with/in Fotoda app, then some JixiPixi magix ...)
I add the original colored version. it's not as dramatic but pretty vibrant. (imho)

35328457-4AF7-4CF5-935B-89E8A6516FF4.jpeg

Attachments

• D76508FB-9FFF-44C3-9525-42FBDEC790AA.jpeg
    D76508FB-9FFF-44C3-9525-42FBDEC790AA.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 6
Aloha,

Cheers,
TJK

View attachment 175468
Hi TJK. To answer your second question first, only black and whites are allowed in this challenge - no tints or tones. As for the Pixabay issue - I didn’t know what Pixabay was, but I’ve been off to have a look. It appears to be images that other people have taken, and are available for others to use. Although we’ve had the discussion (quite a few times) about whether other peoples‘ images (with no provenance, ie. no idea how they’ve been taken) should be allowed, I don’t want them in this challenge. I believe there are opportunities enough in everyday life to take marvellous black and whites, without resorting to using the images taken by others. So the answer to your first question is no, “stock“ images are not allowed in this challenge.

Hi TJK. To answer your second question first, only black and whites are allowed in this challenge - no tints or tones. As for the Pixabay issue - I didn’t know what Pixabay was, but I’ve been off to have a look. It appears to be images that other people have taken, and are available for others to use. Although we’ve had the discussion (quite a few times) about whether other peoples‘ images (with no provenance, ie. no idea how they’ve been taken) should be allowed, I don’t want them in this challenge. I believe there are opportunities enough in everyday life to take marvellous black and whites, without resorting to using the images taken by others. So the answer to your first question is no, “stock“ images are not allowed in this challenge.
Hi Jilly,
thanx for making this clear for me. Since i'm more "collage-ist" than photographer this challenge appears to be the wrong place for me. certainly no problem.

cheers,

Back
Top Bottom