B&W RESULT:#67 Black & White Challenge

Tulipa Negra

View attachment 107074
I was dissatisfied with my IPPA entry and went back into Mextures to see if it I could find the original overlays to try to improve it, but it turned out the bit I liked was from Stackables.:rolleyes: Anyway, whilst in Mextures I went into Guest Formulas and found this, which I quite liked.
Snapseed, Stackables, Mextures

Ahem. What exactly is wrong with your IPPA entry? I admit to bias, because I think the other one is stunning. But still, part of its stunning-ness imo is its starkness. The light is fantastic.

In the second one, more variation in the light/dark and more lines and shapes to look at takes my eye away from that simple [stark] white of the tulip flower.

In the first one, I also like that the white focus is off-centre - the tiniest bit *wrong* (like a deliciously presumptive little red :lmao:)

Last edited:
20180313_155716.jpg
let me in - Snapseed

Ahem. What exactly is wrong with your IPPA entry? I admit to bias, because I think the other one is stunning. But still, part of its stunning-ness imo is its starkness. The light is fantastic.

In the second one, more variation in the light/dark and more lines and shapes to look at takes my eye away from that simple [stark] white of the tulip flower.

In the first one, I also like that the white focus is off-centre - the tiniest bit *wrong* (like a deliciously presumptive little red :lmao:)
Well, I took out leaf to simplify it and I can see that I wasn’t as careful as I could have been cos I didn’t expect to be doing anything with it. Now I can see where I removed it and it was annoying me. :lol: There’s a lesson there somewhere. :rolleyes: But thank you for your lovely comments.:inlove:

DITTO. :mobibabe:

Well, I took out leaf to simplify it and I can see that I wasn’t as careful as I could have been cos I didn’t expect to be doing anything with it. Now I can see where I removed it and it was annoying me. :lol: There’s a lesson there somewhere. :rolleyes: But thank you for your lovely comments.:inlove:
Well, I feel your pain cuz I’ve been there. But still. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom