• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

New Adobe Photoshop Camera app

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Probably more useful as an editor than as a camera app. In editing mode, you can not only apply the filters to images in your Camera Roll but also tweak highlights, shadows, clarity, etc. The camera mode gives you approximately zero controls for shooting other than selecting the filter.

EDIT: Photos from the Camera Roll are saved at a lower resolution after applying a filter. A 2990x3052 original became 2006x2048 when filtered and saved.

Last edited:

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
A number of filters do sky replacement. I've tried a few samples (nothing too tricky), and the app seems to do a good job in accurately masking the sky.

IMG_1591.JPG

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been using the Beta for some time... looks like it will expire in 29 days.

Thanks for the heads-up Smooth regarding the new lenses :thumbs: I just use it as a camera, the lenses don't really appeal to me as much. The lenses are fun... but not really my style on a regular basis :coffee:
  • I like the auto-processing it does in some situations... especially Golden Hour
    62065926-B629-4547-A4C9-5EEF4D2C6F06.jpeg

• I HATE the app starts up in selfie mode, it did not when I first started testing:angry:

lkbside

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
I looked at the settings and there's nothing about setting your preferred image size. I took a shot and it was 4032 x 3024 out of the camera; then i added a filter and it reduced to 1536 x 2048.

I think some of the filters are fun for occasional use, and you can see them and their effects in the viewfinder if you shoot with them, but I'm not likely to use this very often.