terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
Probably more useful as an editor than as a camera app. In editing mode, you can not only apply the filters to images in your Camera Roll but also tweak highlights, shadows, clarity, etc. The camera mode gives you approximately zero controls for shooting other than selecting the filter.

EDIT: Photos from the Camera Roll are saved at a lower resolution after applying a filter. A 2990x3052 original became 2006x2048 when filtered and saved.

Last edited:

terse

IotM May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct, Nov 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
A number of filters do sky replacement. I've tried a few samples (nothing too tricky), and the app seems to do a good job in accurately masking the sky.

IMG_1591.JPG

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I've been using the Beta for some time... looks like it will expire in 29 days.

Thanks for the heads-up Smooth regarding the new lenses :thumbs: I just use it as a camera, the lenses don't really appeal to me as much. The lenses are fun... but not really my style on a regular basis :coffee:
  • I like the auto-processing it does in some situations... especially Golden Hour
    62065926-B629-4547-A4C9-5EEF4D2C6F06.jpeg

• I HATE the app starts up in selfie mode, it did not when I first started testing:angry:

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
I looked at the settings and there's nothing about setting your preferred image size. I took a shot and it was 4032 x 3024 out of the camera; then i added a filter and it reduced to 1536 x 2048.

I think some of the filters are fun for occasional use, and you can see them and their effects in the viewfinder if you shoot with them, but I'm not likely to use this very often.

myphotoyear

MobiStarter
Device
iPhone 11
I didn’t want to like the app, I’m really not the target audience but I have found a few uses for it. The sky replacement is cool for a free app, the auto mode can sometimes be useful and I have been having fun with the reflections option which is one of the newer ones. Shame it doesn’t save in full quality for some of the filters, you can vote on it here or leave a comment. I have upscaled some of the output that I like but that should hardly be necessary!

Two quick examples of the reflections filter:

3102058D-0B1B-4D9E-B636-F7CDEE823859.jpeg

346594DB-5B87-4AB3-A8BB-1A1C19BB8593.jpeg

I like the abstract use of these rather going for realism. You can choose the height of reflection and tune the look.

Top Bottom