APPstract RESULT: APPStract #43 From 1 October Until Sometime After That. Theme: Steal Like an Artist

Work in progress OR it’s not as easy as it bloodywell looks

E9BBDF89-03AE-4DB9-82E9-6A694484EBB1.jpeg

These four are versions #approx 40-44. Just looking for the colours I want and a bit of a start smudging and blending. Smudging and blending bcs I’m not even going to try for his brushstrokes.
But I think I’ll give up and try stealing something simpler — like maybe Vermeer.

MHM_1120117090612.jpg

MHM_1120117091111.jpg

eyeemfiltered1411328172648.jpg

My idea of stealing may be a little different, so delete if not worthy.
The first two are pre-raphaelites stolen from Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, edited with a beloved but no longer available app called Magic Hour. The third was stolen from the Louvre in Paris, by Antonello da Messina and pimped using the same app as the other two and an EyeEm filter weirdly.
I may have posted them before but its always nice to get out the old stuff now and again.

View attachment 161028

My idea of stealing may be a little different, so delete if not worthy.
The first two are pre-raphaelites stolen from Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, edited with a beloved but no longer available app called Magic Hour. The third was stolen from the Louvre in Paris, by Antonello da Messina and pimped using the same app as the other two and an EyeEm filter weirdly.
I may have posted them before but its always nice to get out the old stuff now and again.

don’t think I’ve seen these before . I think I would remember. Is all that glorious red from the app?

I wondered if that was your bg from #39 (brilliant image :notworthy: :inlove:). It blew up pretty well, didn’t it? I love Rothko‘s great exuberant swathes of colour. Your images have inspired me to have a go.

Damnit I wish I could get past the prologue of the Procreate manual.
You need to do Teela’s beginners course. It’s marvellous. I can’t believe you won’t be proficient after that. It’s free

You need to do Teela’s beginners course. It’s marvellous. I can’t believe you won’t be proficient after that. It’s free
I watched the first video on my phone so I could practise on my iPad (thank you Starzee ). I got lost while Tesla was setting up her canvas :oops: I drew a picture (of sorts) anyway but I couldn’t see how to save it so I can’t share it. Shame, bcs it has lots of lines and different colours and if you didn’t look too closely it could pass for one of Miss Six’s masterpieces.

Meanwhile, I’m still trying for respectable theft of Rothko’s colour blocks. I watched a brief MoMa video demo of his brushstrokes, down to how to hold the brush. I think one of our Procreate /iColorama buffs would be able to find the digital equivalent (hint, hint
:D
). I’ve used a paint roller effect in SketchClub which doesn’t show the texture I’m looking for.

The canvas bgs I found in SC didn't work well. I think ArtRage would be better, but I stopped using ArtRage when I consistently couldn’t save from it. Anyone else using ArtRage with or without that problem?

Last one

CF65E80C-B436-4292-BEF2-249BC2DAA7BA.jpeg

This is the hardest thing I’ve done in ArtRage. You can’t stick a bit of packing tape across the canvas to keep your lines straight. And the brushstrokes don’t bear close examination. But the efforts and the videos and scanning ‘Rothko’s palette over time‘ is enough to renew my desire to have painting lessons. Great big canvases and great big colour. And great big emotions. (He lists Nietzsche as an influence, btw o_O):

80523311-1F93-4274-9B1D-374F44536679.jpeg

If you’re interested, the simple ‘palette over time‘ visual is easy to find in a Google image search. And if you’re a glutton for punishment, there’s a trippy set of analyses here.

I watched the first video on my phone so I could practise on my iPad (thank you Starzee ). I got lost while Tesla was setting up her canvas :oops: I drew a picture (of sorts) anyway but I couldn’t see how to save it so I can’t share it. Shame, bcs it has lots of lines and different colours and if you didn’t look too closely it could pass for one of Miss Six’s masterpieces.
Share I under the wrench. You save to images through that.

I’m new to the collage/abstract scene but this was an early effort using images from my Hipstamatic feed and processing with Juxtaposer. This app is fairly basic and simple
37FD1946-3F77-4A7C-853D-C9A125C75E19.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m new to the collage/abstract scene but this was an early effort using images from my Hipstamatic feed and processing with Juxtaposer. This app is fairly basic and simpleView attachment 161162

Welcome to APPstract, Kevin - nice to see you again, too : )

That is an extremely strange image :feet: - should I recognise the red pig & man from somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom