APPstract RESULT: APPStract #43 From 1 October Until Sometime After That. Theme: Steal Like an Artist

You can edit or delete the contents of a post for 24 hours, but only the admins can delete the post itself (or change a thread title).
That’s correct. Members can edit for certain amount of time then staff need to delete. Flag any posts that need deleting and we’ll sort :)
To clarify: Once I hit Post Reply, I cannot delete the post entirely. Only staff can do that.

I can edit the post, like I did by saying “double post” above. However, I cannot delete the contents entirely, leaving an empty post.

That’s fine. I just wanted to know what I can and cannot do.

O’Keefeish
59577AD3-F17F-48A0-B244-53496DCDB6F4.jpeg

SuperimposeX, Procreate, iColorama

O’Keefeish cubed
139E556D-D4C5-4F58-BCC6-B099941A69A4.jpeg

O’Keefeish

SuperimposeX, Procreate, iColorama

O’Keefeish cubed

Fun fact (I learned recently - forgive if y’all known for years): some 20 years after she dies, one of Georgia O’Keeffe‘s paintings becomes the highest-selling painting by a woman artist @ approx US$45 million.

I’d love to know how $45m happens. Ie can’t be just the quality of the painting (or can it?).

[waiting for a lesson in art history, please :D ]

In this case, the installation was really easy. That particular door has glass panes in wood frames, so all we had to do was take one pane of glass out, and the cat door fit perfectly.

The flap is plastic and very light. Hodge usually goes out slowly, so the flap just sort of slides down his back to his tail. He thinks the cat door is the greatest invention next to the can opener.
UPDATE: I found a company that will custom design one to fit in one of my windows!! A bit pricey, but it will give me peace of mind when I’m traveling to the east coast over the holidays. And, as we do (e.g. your little stool for Hodge) I got a cupboard thing to put under the window that Finn can use. :smileycat:

These three templates (sortof) follow a basic abstract-drawing tutorial I can’t dig up (I usually start with kid art lessons :D):
From memory:
1. Bisect your page diagonally with a wavy line
2. Add primary shapes to taste, overlapping
3. Colour

For Step 3, the magic pen eraser is fun with a block colour, a pattern or an image (preferably someone else’s) on the bottom layer.'
Inspired by the above. Then I got carried away with the clone tool......
D91F45F7-A0E1-457C-87F0-62C9B3AFCD90.jpeg

Also:
ONLY A WEEK (OR SO)
LEFT TO POST YOUR STOLEN
OR BORROWED ART!!!

I declare this thread CLOSED
You can find APPStract #44 here.
I be back with my winner soon.

I really like this theme. I think I‘d like to start an ongoing thread, maybe ”The Accidental Copycat” or some such title. We could post images that remind us someone’s work.

Enough of my musing, there are winners to announce.

I knew this was a winner the moment I saw it. In my opinion it is the perfect combination of a genius idea and hilarity. In the number one position is sinnerjohn John’s Stolen Selfie
7514B63B-084C-42A9-9763-715F98E79D42.jpeg

In a tie for runners up......
deepop David Pictures at an Exhibition
677A21CA-CC4E-4169-A454-1187566268E1.jpeg

And zenjenny Jen’s Stolen from the Klimt Family Album.
0D7940DC-3DAE-4559-BBFD-F26525AC6FE4.jpeg

Do I recognize that lady as one of the umbrella-ed, kimono clad images you shared?

Great job everyone else! I really enjoyed every image.

Back
Top Bottom