Welcome to
APPStract #50
1 August-31 August
Theme: Night Life
Judge: terse Ted

Rules:​

1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit!

Creativity takes courage.”

— Henri Matisse

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.“

A150C2BB-B956-4D45-925A-73869B87EB04.jpeg

Absolutely nothing to do with this challenge!!!

Last edited:
552F5BE3-9F5E-4DC8-A7B0-4DB37159F290.jpeg

'Slow Glass' - Iphone native camera, Snapseed, Pixlr and Hipstamatic ( Matty Aln & Blackeys BW )

"Thus, in the stilly night,
Ere slumber's chain has bound me.
Sad Memory brings the light
Of other days around me."

Thomas Moore

View attachment 169523

'Slow Glass' - Iphone native camera, Snapseed, Pixlr and Hipstamatic ( Matty Aln & Blackeys BW )

"Thus, in the stilly night,
Ere slumber's chain has bound me.
Sad Memory brings the light
Of other days around me."

Thomas Moore
There was a science fiction story that featured slow glass, though I can't remember the title or author at this distance.

EDIT: "Light of Other Days" by Bob Shaw, circa 1966

Last edited:
There was a science fiction story that featured slow glass, though I can't remember the title or author at this distance.
Great spot Ted - its Bob Shaw 'Light of Other Days', which references Moore's poem. Fantastic idea for a story, well worth looking out for.

Incidentally, i'm not sure why Hipsta dates the frame as 'August 91', as ive literally just created this piece - maybe thats a timeslip in itself..

I happened on this and don’t mean to butt in terse Ted, but ICM is Intentional Camera Movement, something Ted and ImageArt Ann excel at. There is an entire thread dedicated to it here. It is also very APPStract.
Feel free to butt away! I recall now the ICM thread, its something I have yet to try with a phone, as using the iphone 12 Mini, its hard to gauge what I'm shooting sometimes.

OnFeel free to butt away! I recall now the ICM thread, its something I have yet to try with a phone, as using the iphone 12 Mini, its hard to gauge what I'm shooting sometimes.
I’m terrible at ICM. Or else my iPhone corrects too quickly. I don’t have much success using apps that blur on purpose either.

whats 'ICM' Ted ?
What Star said: It's moving the camera while shooting to get various effects. If you haven't dropped Instagram just yet, you can use tags like #icm and #icmphotography to see what kinds of things people do with it. Spectre will work, but it doesn't give you much choice of exposure times. Sometimes shorter exposures like 1/2 or even 1/4 second can work well, and sometimes a Bulb setting is handy to keep the shutter open as long as you want. In apps like Slow Shutter Cam and Moment Pro Camera, you can watch the image develop as you move the camera around. Some of the ace practitioners, like Andy Gray on Instagram, also layer several ICM shots to get their final image. We've got an ICM thread here, too, with other names and info.

well considering there are lots of Mobi members contributing gorgeous art on there, I'll be staying ! Thanks for the advice Ted, I have admired many of your pieces and will see about a Spectre alternative. You're right in the restrictive exposure times, so a bit more control would be useful. I gave it a quick shot on the way home, but its a bit lacklustre.

Back
Top Bottom