• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

APPstract New: APPstract Challenge #39 Theme: My Family, My People, My Voice

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Welcome to Mobi APPstract #38
(29 June until approximately two weeks after 29 June)

9352881C-6F3A-4F92-807E-122853C40A88.jpeg

Abstract Art: Simple definition
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

JUDGE: sinnerjohn John

THEME: My Family, My People, My Voice

View attachment 158283

Last edited:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I was pondering about if Abstract Art can actually have a theme and obviously silly me of course it can.
Think of Picasso's Lady of Algiers series which was itself inspired by Delacroix's 'The women of Algiers in their apartment'.............so I thought :sneaky:

No just kidding :lol:

I did think immediately of two themes, one being images in the style of Mark Rothko, I thought it might be fun to have lots of blocks of colour on the homepage. Then I thought that might not be that challenging enough (any old dummy can do that ;) ).
So my second choice was 'Something Human', but then my mind and I'm sure yours have too, have been on the Global Pandemic, Black Lives Matter protests and all the upheaval in the world, I thought of a phrase.

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we don't always see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

So the challenge is to evoke something of the phrase 'My family, my people, my voice' (maybe in the style of Rothko :lol: )

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was pondering about if Abstract Art can actually have a theme and obviously silly me of course it can.
Think of Picasso's Lady of Algiers series which was itself inspired by Delacroix's 'The women of Algiers in their apartment'.............so I thought :sneaky:

I did think immediately of two themes, one being images in the style of Mark Rothko, I thought it might be fun to have lots of blocks of colour on the homepage. Then I thought that might not be that challenging enough (any old dummy can do that ;) ).
So my second choice was 'Something Human', but then my mind and I'm sure yours have too, have been on the Global Pandemic, Black Lives Matter protests and all the upheaval in the world, I thought of a phrase.

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we all don't see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

So the challenge is to evoke something of the phrase 'My family, my people, my voice' (maybe in the style of Rothko :lol: )
Ooh, great theme(s). :lol: I like it.:thumbs:

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we don't always see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

Ooh, great theme(s). :lol: I like it.:thumbs:
I agree with JillyG Jilly, this is a great theme!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We can work it out

D41568F7-FADB-4E63-82E0-0A2662B4C4F6.jpeg

An image of one of our little orchids (an offshoot, or baby, from another orchid plant). This was actually taken with Camera+, which blurred the image for some reason. Anyway, I liked it because it looks (to me anyway) like a parent and baby.
Camera+ and Hipstamatic (Kutako lens, Etosha 1907 film)

younger

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
We can work it out

View attachment 158744
An image of one of our little orchids (an offshoot, or baby, from another orchid plant). This was actually taken with Camera+, which blurred the image for some reason. Anyway, I liked it because it looks (to me anyway) like a parent and baby.
Camera+ and Hipstamatic (Kutako lens, Etosha 1907 film)
Very pretty, loved the blur too

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
My DH only use to walk with me on holidays. When we are back home he plays golf. However since lockdown we have walked a lot and he has made the effort to still walk with me even on days he has played golf.

Here he is while I trail behind taking photos :lol:.

7B45FD00-DD72-4F73-943D-683E317B35F9.png

An ICM using Overcam. Processed in Snapseed and iColorama using Tensor.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
What everyone else said about ‘great theme’ John. I’m keen to work out for myself the ‘plus in the style of Rothko’ angle :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I love this theme!