MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
Welcome to Mobi APPstract #38
(29 June until approximately two weeks after 29 June)

9352881C-6F3A-4F92-807E-122853C40A88.jpeg

Abstract Art: Simple definition
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

JUDGE: sinnerjohn John

THEME: My Family, My People, My Voice

View attachment 158283

Last edited:
I was pondering about if Abstract Art can actually have a theme and obviously silly me of course it can.
Think of Picasso's Lady of Algiers series which was itself inspired by Delacroix's 'The women of Algiers in their apartment'.............so I thought :sneaky:

No just kidding :lol:

I did think immediately of two themes, one being images in the style of Mark Rothko, I thought it might be fun to have lots of blocks of colour on the homepage. Then I thought that might not be that challenging enough (any old dummy can do that ;) ).
So my second choice was 'Something Human', but then my mind and I'm sure yours have too, have been on the Global Pandemic, Black Lives Matter protests and all the upheaval in the world, I thought of a phrase.

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we don't always see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

So the challenge is to evoke something of the phrase 'My family, my people, my voice' (maybe in the style of Rothko :lol: )

Last edited:
I was pondering about if Abstract Art can actually have a theme and obviously silly me of course it can.
Think of Picasso's Lady of Algiers series which was itself inspired by Delacroix's 'The women of Algiers in their apartment'.............so I thought :sneaky:

I did think immediately of two themes, one being images in the style of Mark Rothko, I thought it might be fun to have lots of blocks of colour on the homepage. Then I thought that might not be that challenging enough (any old dummy can do that ;) ).
So my second choice was 'Something Human', but then my mind and I'm sure yours have too, have been on the Global Pandemic, Black Lives Matter protests and all the upheaval in the world, I thought of a phrase.

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we all don't see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

So the challenge is to evoke something of the phrase 'My family, my people, my voice' (maybe in the style of Rothko :lol: )
Ooh, great theme(s). :lol: I like it.:thumbs:

My family, my people, my voice, which is quite often how I feel about Mobitog. Sure like a family we don't always see eye to eye all the time but in the end we return and are welcomed.

Ooh, great theme(s). :lol: I like it.:thumbs:
I agree with JillyG Jilly, this is a great theme!

We can work it out

D41568F7-FADB-4E63-82E0-0A2662B4C4F6.jpeg

An image of one of our little orchids (an offshoot, or baby, from another orchid plant). This was actually taken with Camera+, which blurred the image for some reason. Anyway, I liked it because it looks (to me anyway) like a parent and baby.
Camera+ and Hipstamatic (Kutako lens, Etosha 1907 film)

We can work it out

View attachment 158744
An image of one of our little orchids (an offshoot, or baby, from another orchid plant). This was actually taken with Camera+, which blurred the image for some reason. Anyway, I liked it because it looks (to me anyway) like a parent and baby.
Camera+ and Hipstamatic (Kutako lens, Etosha 1907 film)
Very pretty, loved the blur too

My DH only use to walk with me on holidays. When we are back home he plays golf. However since lockdown we have walked a lot and he has made the effort to still walk with me even on days he has played golf.

Here he is while I trail behind taking photos :lol:.

7B45FD00-DD72-4F73-943D-683E317B35F9.png

An ICM using Overcam. Processed in Snapseed and iColorama using Tensor.

She was a twin, remember? And she/they have contributed a lot to our various wreckages (and thus of course to the greater art world :mobibabe: )
Yes, I have a few variations. I think that started me on a quest for old catalogs and patterns in antique stores so I could photograph them and use them in collages. I wonder why I stopped doing that?

Yes, I have a few variations. I think that started me on a quest for old catalogs and patterns in antique stores so I could photograph them and use them in collages. I wonder why I stopped doing that?
You probably drifted off onto one of the other nine million interesting collage possibilities . . .

As birds are so much part of my life and garden, I had to do something with them. I really struggled to get anything I liked. In the end I settled with this result which was finished off using Glaze. Before that I used all my usual culprits - Procreate, iColorama, ImaEngine.

D1919B5B-F0D5-49FD-96CB-D861AB0C791D.jpeg

As birds are so much part of my life and garden, I had to do something with them. I really struggled to get anything I liked. In the end I settled with this result which was finished off using Glaze. Before that I used all my usual culprits - Procreate, iColorama, ImaEngine.

View attachment 158921

Lookit the two on the R having a right old chat :lmao:

Counting Crows (one for RoseCat :inlove:)

7FDB49A1-A514-4390-AB08-CF349CFA0A53.jpeg

Mainly SketchClub, Repix for blurred or daubed or charcoaled layers. back & forth with SnapSeed and Union.

For the theme, the voice is ‘Sorrow’: the people looking death/loss in the eye.

(And I’m sorry, John - just couldn’t pull off the Rothko angle :oops:)

Back
Top Bottom