B&W RESULT: Black and White Challenge #277…June 4

You know it's going to be a tough one when you end up with a dozen images on your short list. Yikes! Really good work by everyone this round.

First goes to rizole for "Jump." What really captured me in this photo is the way my eye went first to the bright area in the background at the top, a nice image in itself, and only then discovered the real heart of the image, the jumping girl at the very bottom. It reminds me that the best parts of life are not always in the spotlight.

img_20230520_152328-01-jpeg.192768

For second, I'm calling a tie between deepop's "Looking up" and NickLeon's "That’s right…ignore me!" The first is wonderfully geometric with the depth (or height, I guess it should be) emphasized by the hanging pieces. The second captures -- in a beautifully clean shot -- a moment that shows just how odd we photographers are, always distracted by something elsewhere. I can't tell if the sculpture is despondent at being ignored or about to express its opinion of the photographer's lack of vision.

img_0466-jpeg.192912

img_4466-jpeg.192873

Third goes to Rohan for his photo of a sleeping Susie. Yes, it's got cute, but it's also nicely framed in that tall aspect ratio, and it's a lovely crisp high-contrast capture. Just look at all the detail in that white fur.

sleeping-beauty-jpg.193099

Honorable Mentions to zenjenny for "Happy dog" (AKA Djumpin' Djanga) and Jacosta for her alarming clouds.
Well that is a nice surprise! I'm struggling a little at the moment, so its nice to see my efforts appreciated. Well done Rizole, and congrats to all the others who took part; some lovely images!

Back
Top Bottom