New Burst Lite VI flash

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
I already know how this is going to go down: poorly.

RetroPak Nineteen has a flash exclusive to it. It’s called the Burst Lite VI.

“A hot burst is in store for you when you equip this flash.” It is not available on its own. If you’re a completionist and you want this, you’re going to have fork over $4.99, even if you, like me, already have everything else in the pack. Being that I am officially the “sucker born every minute”, I spent five bucks on a flash I’ll barely use. Here’s what it looks like. The first photo is unedited, the second with the flash only.

Mike’s Tavern in Ballard. They make the best chili I’ve ever had. Seriously, if you live anywhere near Seattle, go.

A few of my guitar effects pedals, all by Danelectro. I’m a sucker for Danelectro like I am for Hipstamatic.

Let me get this right, a flash in Hipstamatic isn't actually a flash as such, just another filter that emulates a flash?
So they are asking $4.99 for a single filter?
Plus the first thing we are always taught about mobile photography is DO NOT USE FLASH. Just a filter pretending to be a flash :lol:
Honestly I'm not knocking Hipsta, as I've said before I only brought an iPad mini so I could use Hipsta. But sometimes (as we say in England) I think they're just taking the piss !!

Let me get this right, a flash in Hipstamatic isn't actually a flash as such, just another filter that emulates a flash?
So they are asking $4.99 for a single filter?
Plus the first thing we are always taught about mobile photography is DO NOT USE FLASH. Just a filter pretending to be a flash :lol:
Honestly I'm not knocking Hipsta, as I've said before I only brought an iPad mini so I could use Hipsta. But sometimes (as we say in England) I think they're just taking the piss !!
I think the flash is only .99. At least that’s what it looks like on my phone Hipstamart. You don’t havre to buy the retropak to get it. Haven’t purchased yet.

I think the flash is only .99. At least that’s what it looks like on my phone Hipstamart. You don’t havre to buy the retropak to get it. Haven’t purchased yet.
Unfortunately I can’t go back and edit my original post. You are correct. If you click on Retropak Nineteen and then click on the flash by itself, you can get it on its own for only 99¢.

9CEC8F7B-230C-463E-9C69-4362CF8AA193.jpeg

Being the extremely clever person I am, I clicked on “purchase” on my iPod Touch to confirm you can get it for a buck, expecting to see “You own this already. Would you like to download again it for free?” Except that didn’t happen. The purchase of Retropak Nineteen and the purchase of the flash on its own are two separate purchases. Which means I’ve now spent six bucks on this flash. S-M-R-T.

Unfortunately I can’t go back and edit my original post. You are correct. If you click on Retropak Nineteen and then click on the flash by itself, you can get it on its own for only 99¢.

View attachment 171011
Being the extremely clever person I am, I clicked on “purchase” on my iPod Touch to confirm you can get it for a buck, expecting to see “You own this already. Would you like to download again it for free?” Except that didn’t happen. The purchase of Retropak Nineteen and the purchase of the flash on its own are two separate purchases. Which means I’ve now spent six bucks on this flash. S-M-R-T.
Hipstamatic’s support guy (Allen, not sure I’m spelling it right) is really fantastic. If you haven’t already contacted him to request a refund on the separate flash purchase (and let them know about the double purchase bug) you may want to do so.

Back
Top Bottom