Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #106!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: Try Something New - try an app you've never used before, a new process, a subject you've never photographed, models, lighting, props, stands, optics, anything you like. Try and push your self outside your comfort zone and see what inspires you and pushes your creative buttons.

The judge for this challenge is rizole!

Last edited:
This week's theme is: Try Something New.

So try an app you've never used before, a new process, a subject you've never photographed, models, lighting, props, stands, optics, anything you like. Try and push your self outside your comfort zone and see what inspires you and pushes your creative buttons.

Winners will be anyone that produces a fab pic, naturally, but it's also about the journey so anyone who surprises them self with what they produce will also be considered.
20171201_170955-01.jpeg

This fell of it's stalk when arranging some flowers I got for 'er indoors. I stuck it on a white piece of paper and put it under bright light. I'd never done that before and never sucessfully replicated it since.

So try an app you've never used before, a new process, a subject you've never photographed, models, lighting, props, stands, optics, anything you like. Try and push your self outside your comfort zone and see what inspires you and pushes your creative buttons.

Winners will be anyone that produces a fab pic, naturally, but it's also about the journey so anyone who surprises them self with what they produce will also be considered.
View attachment 105677
This fell of it's stalk when arranging some flowers I got for 'er indoors. I stuck it on a white piece of paper and put it under bright light. I'd never done that before and never sucessfully replicated it since.
This is utterly fabulous. Great idea!!!

View attachment 105677
Mindblowing picture :thumbs:

I’ve been trying LOTS of new things lately. Funny that rizole put up a ‘studio still life’ because I’ve sort of been messing with something similar. I just discovered scanography yesterday http://www.scannography.org/ and am fascinated by it but of course that’s not taking photos with your iphone so I wondered whether you could adapt the concept using an iphone but not really because the scanner light is so special.

Anyhow I bought an LED lightbox two years ago on a trip back to the UK and then couldn’t take it back to HK so I unpacked it today and started playing with adding flowers to the top of it and then adding additional light. With this one below I used a torch to highlight the berries. Then I have also been experimenting with making my own brushes and doing more grunging.
Here is the result of all that experimenting!

Snapseed, iColorama
2A60595E-2B05-41DD-BD9A-5E99BC9F8F35.png

The original with no edits
C3CC53E7-8716-4B57-9181-4D8D53B148EA.jpeg

I’ve been trying LOTS of new things lately. Funny that rizole put up a ‘studio still life’ because I’ve sort of been messing with something similar. I just discovered scanography yesterday http://www.scannography.org/ and am fascinated by it but of course that’s not taking photos with your iphone so I wondered whether you could adapt the concept using an iphone but not really because the scanner light is so special.

Anyhow I bought an LED lightbox two years ago on a trip back to the UK and then couldn’t take it back to HK so I unpacked it today and started playing with adding flowers to the top of it and then adding additional light. With this one below I used a torch to highlight the berries. Then I have also been experimenting with making my own brushes and doing more grunging.

Snapseed, iColorama
View attachment 105720

View attachment 105719
Ooh, I can see that the light box is going to be useful. Love this.:thumbs:

View attachment 105709

Intentional blur #1
Slow Shutter Cam (1/2 second, Motion Blur), camera motion, Snapseed (a bit of Glamour Glow)
Clever! And I love it.

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think of something... I thought it’d be easy, but anything I’ve come up with I’ve already done (double exposure, still life, collage). :confused: Street portraits came to mind, except it’s not something I could readily do, only on the weekend.

If anyone has a list of ideas feel free to post them.

Clever! And I love it.

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think of something... I thought it’d be easy, but anything I’ve come up with I’ve already done (double exposure, still life, collage). :confused: Street portraits came to mind, except it’s not something I could readily do, only on the weekend.

Colorized b/w? (Like old hand-tinted photos?)
Macro/closeup? (You can get pretty close even without a macro lens.)
Negative color?
Triptychs?
No look shooting?
Shoot with a live effect cam like MuseMage (try the neon filter)?

Last edited:
Clever! And I love it.

Food, portrait, high contrast, action, sport, moving subjects, moving whilst taking pics, birds/elephants/cats/worms eye view, back lighting, surfaces, textures. Eerrr and then you could try an app you've never tried or a process you don't use on an app you do.

You could try to copy someone else's style. I had a spell many months ago at trying to emulate your low contrast stuff and the flower I posted above was inspired by lisamjw's Instagram output.

Snapseed, iColorama
View attachment 105720

View attachment 105719

Just love this... the texture is delicious.

Colorized b/w? (Like old hand-tinted photos?)
Macro/closeup? (You can get pretty close even without a macro lens.)
Negative color?
Triptychs?
No look shooting?
Shoot with a live effect cam like MuseMage (try the neon filter)?

Done most of these.... but no look shooting sounds interesting! And I don’t have MuseMage. Thanks!!

Food, portrait, high contrast, action, sport, moving subjects, moving whilst taking pics, birds/elephants/cats/worms eye view, back lighting, surfaces, textures. Eerrr and then you could try an app you've never tried or a process you don't use on an app you do.

You could try to copy someone else's style. I had a spell many months ago at trying to emulate your low contrast stuff and the flower I posted above was inspired by lisamjw's Instagram output.
You rock. Thanks for the ideas!

Isn’t @lisamjw’s IG fabulous? I think you did a damn fine job with your flower. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom